Sponsored By:

Transfer Case Warranty Extension

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 01:15 AM
projectAM
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dc1225
Pretty certain, it sounds like you need a TC replacement. I don't think anyone's had dark black fluids after 3 changes let alone within 7k miles. If it were me, I'd wait a little while hopefully it'll get worse and more pronounced. I'd go into the dealership(same one or different one) immediately complaining about the transfer case and state all of the symptoms whether you have it or not. Tell them that you know its transfer case problem from your research and it is under warranty and you'd like to have it replaced as such. Go straight for the jugular. Good luck and let us know what you do.
Thanks! I’ll get it out and see if anything changes or becomes more pronounced.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:08 AM
Slam08
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Just got my transfer case replaced after I got an AWD fault. Apparently my warranty was up in less than a month (2011 CTT). Took the dealer 12 days to fix it. They had to order the part from Germany. Surprised that it took them so long to get the part.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:55 PM
AnAlbumCover
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Slam08
Just got my transfer case replaced after I got an AWD fault. Apparently my warranty was up in less than a month (2011 CTT). Took the dealer 12 days to fix it. They had to order the part from Germany. Surprised that it took them so long to get the part.
Nice. Are you the original owner? Did the dealer give you any touble?
Old 10-19-2020, 03:08 PM
Slam08
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by AnAlbumCover
Nice. Are you the original owner? Did the dealer give you any touble?
I’m the second owner. No trouble from the dealer at all. Said it was all covered and no headache. Gave me a loaner for 2 weeks and called when it was ready.

It was Napleton Porsche in the Chicago Suburbs. Normally I take it to an Indy but this time the Indy said to take to Porsche dealer bc he couldn’t decipher the codes my call was throwing.

Old 11-05-2020, 09:27 AM
bfly
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My CTT is at the dealer currently. It is there because I heard a loud bang, while driving, and the all-wheel drive warning came on. I was able to pull these two codes 000125 and 000110. Neither of the codes are to descriptive. They simply imply there is an issue with the all-wheel drive system. The dealer wants to drain the differentials and the transfer case to see what they can find. I am fine with that but they are quoting $780 to do so. How can three quarts of gear oil and an hour of time cost so much?
Old 10-05-2022, 01:49 PM
murphdog
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Does anyone have the warranty email from Porsche????

Originally Posted by quicktwinturbo
Sweet Victory . I just got an email from Porsche about TC warranty Extension for 958.2.
What is the issue?
On Model Year 2015 to 2018 Porsche Cayenne the Transfer Case long term durability may be below Porsche’s high quality standards.

What will Porsche do?
Porsche is extending the warranty coverage specifically for the subject Transfer Case in your vehicle to 7-years/unlimited mileage. All other terms and conditions specified in the Warranty and Maintenance booklet remain unchanged.

What you should do?
Please print and place a copy of this email in the Warranty and Maintenance booklet for your vehicle. No other action is needed at this time. This warranty extension will be reflected automatically in the warranty system of any authorized Porsche dealer. The warranty extension transfers automatically to the next owner, but please make sure to leave a copy of this email in the vehicle if you sell your Cayenne.

If you previously paid for a repair:
If you previously paid out-of-pocket for a repair to your Transfer Case that would have been covered under the terms of this warranty extension, you may be eligible for reimbursement for the portion of the repair for which you paid. You can apply for reimbursement by submitting a claim and uploading supporting documentation at the link below. To access the website, enter the Access Code Driven and your VIN in the designated fields.
If anyone has the email from Porsche they'd be willing to share, that would be a massive help! I'm battling Porsche corporate and they are saying they have no record of the transfer case extended warranty for my 2015 Cayenne Turbo. Thanks in advance!!
Old 10-06-2022, 12:26 PM
reneeweiss
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

I think I read here that the diesels don't have tc issues - is that true and why? Do they have different tc?
Old 10-06-2022, 12:28 PM
reneeweiss
Rennlist Member

I think I read that the diesels don't have tc issues is that correct?
Old 10-06-2022, 12:41 PM
murphdog
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by leftlane
I got an email yesterday from Porsche with details on the warranty extension and instructions to print the email out and put it with my manuals. Also said it is entered into their system so any P dealer could see it. It included the claims process if I had paid for repairs before and wanted to be reimbursed.
@leflane could you share your warranty extension email by chance? I'm struggling with porsche corporate on my 2015 cayenne turbo and they are saying they are unaware of any such warranty extension.

Any help is highly appreciated!
Old 10-06-2022, 01:39 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,425 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by reneeweiss
I think I read here that the diesels don't have tc issues - is that true and why? Do they have different tc?
yes, they have a torsen transfer case
Old 10-09-2023, 11:03 PM
lamike
1st Gear

Default TC issue

TC extended Warranty expired 7 months ago! I just had a TC issue on my 2013 cayenne. I rarely drive and I only have 70k miles. Any suggestions? Or should I just fork the $$$
Old 10-10-2023, 12:11 AM
reneeweiss
Rennlist Member

I'd go back to POA and plead your case. Perhaps the dealer has some suggestions. These time limited warranties are unfair. 10 years but only 70k miles- that's only 7 mile per year- way under normal mileage. From other post it looks like there is a question of whether the extended warranty goes for 10 years- maybe yours isn't with POA
Old 06-12-2024, 07:46 PM
chgandhi
Cruisin'

My TC is acting up again and it looks like the extended warranty ended July 2023. I have a 2016 Cayenne base which had the original TC replaced in 2019 at 20k miles. Now I am at 56k miles and it looks like it is failing again. How is this possible? It is my wife's car and we do not drive fast or even much really. Average 5 to 6k miles a year. I also noticed some people have a 10 year warranty while the 2016 -18 is 7 years. Why is that? From the symptoms, I initially thought my power steering was acting up so I replaced the fluid in that about 6 months ago. What can I do to get Porsche to cover the replacement. It seem crazy that the same part can fail in 35k miles. I do not even recall getting a letter regarding this issue from Porsche. I am now reading from this forum the fluid should be changed every 1-2 years or every 10-20k miles but the dealership or anyone from Porsche is not stating that. I would have done so if i knew. Why is Porsche getting high reliability scores with such a big issue. Also why is there never a recall on the TC?
Old 06-12-2024, 08:59 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 526 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by chgandhi
My TC is acting up again and it looks like the extended warranty ended July 2023. I have a 2016 Cayenne base which had the original TC replaced in 2019 at 20k miles. Now I am at 56k miles and it looks like it is failing again. How is this possible? It is my wife's car and we do not drive fast or even much really. Average 5 to 6k miles a year. I also noticed some people have a 10 year warranty while the 2016 -18 is 7 years. Why is that? From the symptoms, I initially thought my power steering was acting up so I replaced the fluid in that about 6 months ago. What can I do to get Porsche to cover the replacement. It seem crazy that the same part can fail in 35k miles. I do not even recall getting a letter regarding this issue from Porsche. I am now reading from this forum the fluid should be changed every 1-2 years or every 10-20k miles but the dealership or anyone from Porsche is not stating that. I would have done so if i knew. Why is Porsche getting high reliability scores with such a big issue. Also why is there never a recall on the TC?
I've seen a couple forum members mention being on their 2nd or 3rd replacement transfer case... Every Porsche product seems to have their own "big issue"... unless it is a Taycan, then there are multiple issues.

Trenton O. Gibson
tgibson@highline-autos.com
Highline Autos
Direct: 602.909.9216
Office: 480.348.0777

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

The following 2 users liked this post by Highline-Autos.com:
chgandhi (06-12-2024), Robocop305 (06-13-2024)

Quick Reply: Transfer Case Warranty Extension