Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Thanks to everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 09:48 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Thanks to everyone!

I’ve traded my cayenne turbo s for a 2017 x5m. Did a lot of research and put a lot of time into making my decision.

Initial feedback has been very positive. I love the vehicle. It has all the attributes of the cayenne along with much more customization in driving modes etc.

While the steering may not be as precise, all other things are fantastic. There were people that said all bmws break, the build quality sucks, etc etc but I’m not finding any of that. It’s a well put together vehicle and I’m very happy with my decision. I plan to service my BMW just like I did my Porsche. I think the BMW cars get a bad rap bc of lengthy service intervals and the fact that they are probably not as **** as all of us. If our Porsche’s aren’t on the brink of destruction we aren’t happy!!!! That’s why we take care of them and address all issues as they come up.

the main reason for the switch was the transmission in the cayenne. If the same tranny and tranny logic from the BMW was in the cayenne I would have kept it. Yes, I changed the fluids early, changed the diff fluids early, but I couldn’t get over how lazy it was.

the x5m shifts like a dct. And the exhaust note is wonderful. I’m not here to start a debate. Just wanted to take the time to thank everyone in the forum for all the help and guidance.

im still in the Porsche family, having a 2015 GT3, so I haven’t totally jumped ship!!! I’ll still wander the forum for sure and want to say that the professionalism is second to none!
The following 2 users liked this post by 8202632:
Chaos (04-19-2020), deilenberger (04-21-2020)
Old 04-18-2020, 11:41 PM
911-997
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts

Congratulations on your new acquisition. Although I don’t agree that X5m is better in every way othet than steering, I find Cayenne is a much better car over all.

I have owned in total three X5, with 2 being X5m. Quality has gone bad BMW. Steering was big down side for me specially on F15 not to mention alot of things breaking. Cayenne turbo is best overall sport SUV. If transmission was an issue for you, why didn’t you opt for Macan with PDK. I am sure nothing beats PDK for transmission
Old 04-19-2020, 10:13 AM
drdantheman1
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 119 Posts

Congrats to the OP! Love the new gen X5M, especially in the ///M Blue color. My friend had one, he really enjoyed it. I totally agree about the lazy transmission, definitely the biggest let down of the 958 gen. Sport mode helps and it does rapidly upshift at WOT, but the way it shifts when driving around town definitely dates the cayenne. We had a macan loaner once, the PDK trans is amazing but the rest of the car was a total let down. Cramped interior, sports car seating position (which is not what I want in an SUV), and overall cheap feeling. If I wanted a small, fast porsche, I'd get a 911!

Quick Reply: Thanks to everyone!