Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

value in PCA Membership? what is its value?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 01:47 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,153 Likes on 764 Posts

Originally Posted by avlis
Just checked and there are zero PCA events scheduled in the Northeast. I'm not a member...
I'm not certain if you can see them or not since you're not a member - but I can assure you - almost any weekend from May to October you could find a PCA event within driving distance in the NE..
Old 02-04-2020, 11:37 AM
Boomer80
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

I joined PCA a couple months ago since I had just purchased my first Porsche (2013 Cayenne) and I wanted to experience and get Porsche news from every quadrant out there. I received the latest Pano magazine last week and just read it over the weekend.While it was informative, I can see much room for improvement. First and foremost they need to recognize where the bulk of sales are coming from in the Macan and Cayenne product lines. I hope they are not held hostage to the purist who think any car that is not a 911, Boxster or Cayman is not worthy of more than a few passing words then they find themselves left behind (figuratively). I think if they reached out and represented this larger demographic they might increase membership. When my current membership runs out next year, I would consider not re-upping if it remains status quo.

The one thing I really liked was the used vehicle section. This will be the second place I would look after thee Porsche Pre-owned locator next time I'm shopping.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:59 AM
auzivision
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 39 Posts

It's all about the people, not the cars. People who like Porsches tend to like people who like Porsches. Social events, driving events, and a wealth of information.

The following users liked this post:
cbracerx (02-06-2020)
Old 02-04-2020, 12:09 PM
DAVfoto
Three Wheelin'

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by deilenberger
I'm not certain if you can see them or not since you're not a member - but I can assure you - almost any weekend from May to October you could find a PCA event within driving distance in the NE..
Yep and NNJR (not sure if that is your region Don) is having a new member get together at Paul Miller on the weekend of Feb 29.

I haven't used my discount for service but I need to do the 80k on my car and will use it for that.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:08 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,153 Likes on 764 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVfoto
Yep and NNJR (not sure if that is your region Don) is having a new member get together at Paul Miller on the weekend of Feb 29.

I haven't used my discount for service but I need to do the 80k on my car and will use it for that.
I'm in the NJ Shore Region.. and their webmaster must have passed away or something.. I think I need to talk to Dawn the President..
Old 02-04-2020, 07:12 PM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

so i joined PCA...based on the 10% parts discount from future orders of parts Pelican Parts, pretty sure I'll eventually get my money back

as the the social aspect, we will see if they accept my dirty diesel truck (or dirty old me for that matter)

Old 02-04-2020, 08:18 PM
RED HORSE
Race Car

Received 129 Likes on 71 Posts

My experience is it depends on which region you are in. When I was in Salt Lake City they had frequent drives. Here in NW Louisiana I'm not impressed with the local chapter.

Quick Reply: value in PCA Membership? what is its value?