Seat heater and Auto headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 03:08 PM
Teto
Track Day

Received 17 Likes on 1 Post
Question Seat heater and Auto headlights

Hello All,
I just bought the 2016 Cayenne base. The car still under warranty... I have 2 questions:

1- The car has front heated seats. When I turned on the seat heaters, it works, but the heat is not strong even on the highest level (3 dashes) compare to any other car model, it's much lower heat. I feel the seat heater is much weaker compare to non-Porsche cars. Is that the norm in Porsche? or something wrong in mine?

2- The auto headlights are always on unless the sun is directly hitting the car front. So, if the sun coming behind the car, the headlights will turn ON since it's on auto. Is there any way to adjust the auto headlight sensor?

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 12-19-2019, 03:59 PM
Sudar
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Teto
Hello All,
I just bought the 2016 Cayenne base. The car still under warranty... I have 2 questions:

1- The car has front heated seats. When I turned on the seat heaters, it works, but the heat is not strong even on the highest level (3 dashes) compare to any other car model, it's much lower heat. I feel the seat heater is much weaker compare to non-Porsche cars. Is that the norm in Porsche? or something wrong in mine?

2- The auto headlights are always on unless the sun is directly hitting the car front. So, if the sun coming behind the car, the headlights will turn ON since it's on auto. Is there any way to adjust the auto headlight sensor?

Thanks in advance guys!
2. Not that I know off. All Porsches are like that. Very stupid and annoying
The following users liked this post:
Teto (12-20-2019)
Old 12-19-2019, 07:46 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Teto
Weird... The only real time I notice the headlights coming on are very overcast days, or driving into a garage or tunnel. I've never noticed them coming on depending on where the sun was shining.
The following users liked this post:
Teto (12-20-2019)
Old 12-19-2019, 09:39 PM
vwbrd
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts

To #1 I would say this is not normal – – my heaters roast me even on the lowest setting.
The following 2 users liked this post by vwbrd:
deilenberger (12-24-2019), Teto (12-20-2019)
Old 12-19-2019, 10:47 PM
BrendonSF
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by vwbrd
To #1 I would say this is not normal – – my heaters roast me even on the lowest setting.
Agreed. I usually use the '2' setting and it's quite toasty.
The following 2 users liked this post by BrendonSF:
deilenberger (12-24-2019), Teto (12-20-2019)

Quick Reply: Seat heater and Auto headlights