Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

clip only for a 2011-18 Cayenne Rear Black Luggage Compartment Cover ? CPO coverage?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 02:08 PM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts
Default clip only for a 2011-18 Cayenne Rear Black Luggage Compartment Cover ? CPO coverage?

looking to see if it is possible to source a BLACK clip / tab for a

Porsche 2011 18 Cayenne Rear Black Luggage Compartment Cover

or is the only way to source the system to acquirer this small part from new or used from a complete system?

my vehicle is under a CPO warranty, odd question but would this be covered? (it was sold with the car, not an add on)

this is the p/n

95855177306AY1

there are four holders, i just notices one of my four clips / tabs is partly snapped.

Old 10-30-2019, 02:51 PM
KOTB
Banned

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

The part number you posted takes me to a full cargo cover, is that what you are seeking to buy or just the snapped clip? if you want a black cargo cover, I have a practically brand new one in black sitting in my storage from my previous 2015 Cayenne GTS.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:48 PM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Question

Originally Posted by KOTB
The part number you posted takes me to a full cargo cover, is that what you are seeking to buy or just the snapped clip? if you want a black cargo cover, I have a practically brand new one in black sitting in my storage from my previous 2015 Cayenne GTS.
clip only

& yes that part # is for the full cargo cover.
not sure if there is a part # for just the clip?
Old 10-30-2019, 07:17 PM
rdboxster
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 178 Posts

If you are referring to the clips that attach to the back seat for the cover extension they are not available to order. Went through this a year ago when one broke. Dealer replaced entire cover under warranty. Seems like a costly replacement for an inexpensive clip.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:52 PM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Originally Posted by rdboxster
If you are referring to the clips that attach to the back seat for the cover extension they are not available to order. Went through this a year ago when one broke. Dealer replaced entire cover under warranty. Seems like a costly replacement for an inexpensive clip.
I feel silly asking for this under CPO but I'll bring it up when I have another issue.

At some point someone needs to create a file so these can be 3D printed. I am sure others over time will have this issue after their warranties is over...
Old 11-07-2019, 06:02 PM
coffeeisgood
Pro

update on this, to replace the clip it does require replacing the whole complete assembly

& a broken clip is not covered under Porsche CPO warranty. I sort of figured but I asked.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:31 PM
rdboxster
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 178 Posts

Mine was covered in the original 4 year warranty. Not surprise it isn’t under CPO. It is silly that the clips aren’t replaceable. It appears the rod holding them in is removable.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:37 PM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Originally Posted by rdboxster
Mine was covered in the original 4 year warranty. Not surprise it isn’t under CPO. It is silly that the clips aren’t replaceable. It appears the rod holding them in is removable.
I am sure someone has the ability to scan the clip and create the file for 3D printing? I check out that rod soon & might inquire with a couple friends at a local university.
The current 3D printers on the market should be able handle small objects like this. Recreation of the clip tension might be the challenge...
Old 11-08-2019, 08:48 PM
Lambomike58
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Are you interested in selling it?
Old 11-08-2019, 08:51 PM
Lambomike58
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KOTB
are you interested in selling it?
Old 11-11-2019, 07:28 PM
peckinpah
4th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Worth a shot

I've got a luggage cover, but none of my clips are broken...yet.

I needed some A/C vent tabs (those break WAY too easily), and these guys make replacement vent tabs. If they make those, they can probably make luggage cover clips. You might want to check with them to see if they can do it.

https://www.venttabs.com/about-us/
support@venttabs.com

It's worth a shot.
The following users liked this post:
deilenberger (11-11-2019)
Old 11-11-2019, 11:43 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by peckinpah
I've got a luggage cover, but none of my clips are broken...yet.

I needed some A/C vent tabs (those break WAY too easily), and these guys make replacement vent tabs. If they make those, they can probably make luggage cover clips. You might want to check with them to see if they can do it.

https://www.venttabs.com/about-us/
support@venttabs.com

It's worth a shot.
Good find with this company. A bit OT - I found on eBay I believe - a source of the vent clips that look absolutely identical to the factory Porsche ones. I seem to recall they're a few dollars each. I bought two - to ensure that I never have one come apart again since the factory ones are a real PITA to reassemble.. (and both my Porsches use the same vent tab design.). Just checked on eBay - there are at least a dozen vendors selling these, the typical price is around $5/each.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:01 AM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 174 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by coffeeisgood
I am sure someone has the ability to scan the clip and create the file for 3D printing? I check out that rod soon & might inquire with a couple friends at a local university.
The current 3D printers on the market should be able handle small objects like this. Recreation of the clip tension might be the challenge...
https://www.fictiv.com/ 3D printing services
Old 11-28-2020, 01:24 PM
mslerner2002
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your luggage cover is still available, PM me with a price and photo. Thanks, ML
Old 11-28-2020, 02:39 PM
skinnytirez
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Did anyone ever make a 3D solid file to print these?

Quick Reply: clip only for a 2011-18 Cayenne Rear Black Luggage Compartment Cover ? CPO coverage?