Sponsored By:

sirius xm favorites keep deleting

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 05:02 PM
boxsternewbie
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default sirius xm favorites keep deleting

Finally jumped on the sirius xm boat and my favorites keep automatically deleting. I'll set them, then go to change between them and they're gone, only the station I'm on remains. PCM reset by itself while I was driving a few months ago, just went blank and restarted while cruising down the highway. Are there updates we are suppose to get done or does this 2011 unit need replacing? I can live without sirius xm if I must but I was hoping to have it finally.

2011 958 tt
Old 08-14-2019, 05:15 PM
jpru2001
Pro

Received 125 Likes on 92 Posts

That happens in our Audi A6 every time we get the "updating channel list" or "Sirius XM updating". When I was looking for a solution I found this same thread started on Audi, BMW, Tesla, Honda forums...something happens when Sirius XM sends out a channel update or other sort of update and people lose their channel presets. I don't think its specific to PCM.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:17 PM
boxsternewbie
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jpru2001
That happens in our Audi A6 every time we get the "updating channel list" or "Sirius XM updating". When I was looking for a solution I found this same thread started on Audi, BMW, Tesla, Honda forums...something happens when Sirius XM sends out a channel update or other sort of update and people lose their channel presets. I don't think its specific to PCM.
This has been happening several times a day.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:06 PM
Ken968
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by boxsternewbie
This has been happening several times a day.
I noticed the same thing the first time I selected favorites. I think the way it works is that when you select a favorite it specifically remembers the song or program you have favored and will only show up when that song or program is playing anywhere on Sirius. This is the only explanation I could come up with to explain this weird behavior.

Ken
Old 08-15-2019, 02:36 PM
kkturbo
Advanced

I have a 2011 CS and I had a similar problem when I first started using SiriusXM. Question: once you have your favorites set in the PCM, are you suing the Set memory button by the door handle? If I change any channel in SiriusXM and the volume, I will use the Set button to save my settings. Set button is not only for you seat. Also, do you multiple keys? I was informed by my SA that each key should be for one person. Once you use the Set button the key will remember the your settings. I have my key and my wife has her key. She is not allowed to use my key. When she drives her SiriusXM channels will appear. I like this feature. Awhile back, my wife decided to drive and used her key and arrived at our destination (don't remember where, probably a store so she could buy some clothes, ) and locked the CS. Once she was done shopping she decided she did not want to drive, so I used my key to unlock the CS. As I opened my door my seat was automatically adjusting to my settings. So, this confirmed that what my SA had told me. Always use the same key. Hope this helps.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:24 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by kkturbo
I have a 2011 CS and I had a similar problem when I first started using SiriusXM. Question: once you have your favorites set in the PCM, are you suing the Set memory button by the door handle? If I change any channel in SiriusXM and the volume, I will use the Set button to save my settings. Set button is not only for you seat. Also, do you multiple keys? I was informed by my SA that each key should be for one person. Once you use the Set button the key will remember the your settings. I have my key and my wife has her key. She is not allowed to use my key. When she drives her SiriusXM channels will appear. I like this feature. Awhile back, my wife decided to drive and used her key and arrived at our destination (don't remember where, probably a store so she could buy some clothes, ) and locked the CS. Once she was done shopping she decided she did not want to drive, so I used my key to unlock the CS. As I opened my door my seat was automatically adjusting to my settings. So, this confirmed that what my SA had told me. Always use the same key. Hope this helps.
How did the car respond to having 2 keys in it? I found that in that instance - I have to have one of the keys wrapped in aluminum foil to avoid a key message.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:08 PM
Kris Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by boxsternewbie
Finally jumped on the sirius xm boat and my favorites keep automatically deleting. I'll set them, then go to change between them and they're gone, only the station I'm on remains. PCM reset by itself while I was driving a few months ago, just went blank and restarted while cruising down the highway. Are there updates we are suppose to get done or does this 2011 unit need replacing? I can live without sirius xm if I must but I was hoping to have it finally.

2011 958 tt
Silly question, are you sure you are setting the preset. I think there are two different things. There is a favorite, which is for specific songs that if that song comes on again, it alerts you that that song is playing. To set the preset you tune it to the station you want, and hold down the "button" for the spot you want the preset to be set for a couple of seconds.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:15 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by Kris Murphy
Silly question, are you sure you are setting the preset. I think there are two different things. There is a favorite, which is for specific songs that if that song comes on again, it alerts you that that song is playing. To set the preset you tune it to the station you want, and hold down the "button" for the spot you want the preset to be set for a couple of seconds.
And wait for the beep..
Old 08-16-2019, 06:11 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 461 Likes on 306 Posts

I had this happen last year - after Sirius sent out an update my PCM kept resetting itself and I would lose all my presets. After a software update at the dealer didn't fix it, I went in to the PCM menu, reset everything to factory defaults, then went back in and reprogrammed my channel presets. I haven't had any issues in the 9 months since - the dealer was ready to swap out my entire PCM system but that seemed like overkill to me.

The issue seems to be with the updated Sirius signal and it somehow corrupts something in the PCM system. I'm hoping my issues are long gone, but I probably just jinxed myself.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:59 AM
Slickdvl
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts

Weird same issue here, I’ll set the preset and it keeps putting old favorite back
Old 08-19-2019, 12:46 PM
kkturbo
Advanced

Originally Posted by deilenberger
How did the car respond to having 2 keys in it? I found that in that instance - I have to have one of the keys wrapped in aluminum foil to avoid a key message.
Maybe I'm lucky! We have had no problems with our keys or settings. We keep our keys in a basket next in a hall tree next to our door going out to the garage. If my wife wants to drive I will usually grab my key also just in case she does not want to drive. So, having my key inside the CS while my wife is driving with her key has not caused any problems. Our keys are standard and not in a leather holder or RFID holder. Also, I recently replaced the batteries in the keys. Not sure if that will make a difference.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:29 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by kkturbo
Maybe I'm lucky! We have had no problems with our keys or settings. We keep our keys in a basket next in a hall tree next to our door going out to the garage. If my wife wants to drive I will usually grab my key also just in case she does not want to drive. So, having my key inside the CS while my wife is driving with her key has not caused any problems. Our keys are standard and not in a leather holder or RFID holder. Also, I recently replaced the batteries in the keys. Not sure if that will make a difference.
But do you have the keyless entry option? That's where multiple key presence is a problem. The antennas that pick up the key won't know which one to use for the pairing. This is also true if you're using the fake valet key to start/stop the engine. Thus bringing along more than one key poses problems.

If you're using the unlock button before you get within ~7ft. and then using it in the actual dash key socket you're telling the system which key is the one to use for settings.

Range on the radios in the keys is a LOT longer than the keyless pickup units on the car itself.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:39 PM
kkturbo
Advanced

Originally Posted by wkearney99
But do you have the keyless entry option? That's where multiple key presence is a problem. The antennas that pick up the key won't know which one to use for the pairing. This is also true if you're using the fake valet key to start/stop the engine. Thus bringing along more than one key poses problems.

If you're using the unlock button before you get within ~7ft. and then using it in the actual dash key socket you're telling the system which key is the one to use for settings.

Range on the radios in the keys is a LOT longer than the keyless pickup units on the car itself.
No keyless option for me and that may be why I am not having problems with my PCM and keys.
Thank you for the information wkearney99.
The following users liked this post:
wkearney99 (08-20-2019)

Quick Reply: sirius xm favorites keep deleting