Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Thoughts on downsizing wheel size or increasing tire size?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 04:29 PM
Stoff
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CK.GTS
Thanks Rich. If I can find a set of matte black sypders I’ll definitely go that route. Have any photos of your new tire setup? Has the quality of the ride improved?
Just following up on this thread as I’m in the same boat and thinking of downsizing from my 21” wheels to 20” on our 958.1 GTS. Appreciate any reviews you have on ride quality and comfort!
Old 09-15-2019, 06:48 PM
CK.GTS
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi Stoff - thanks for following up. I finished downsizing this past weekend to a set of 20x9 RS Spyders in satin black. I would've gone for the 20x9.5 spec, but those are still pretty pricey and I got the 20x9's for a really great deal online from an owner in California. The only downside to going this route is that the offset differs between the 9s and the 9.5s. The 9.5s are I believe +47 offset, and the 9s are +57 offset making these pretty sunk in the wheel well for the GTS. To push them out, I paired them with 15mm spacers sourced from ECS tuning. Overall, extremely happy with the switch. The ride quality on 21s vs 20s are night and day difference, and I still think these wheels look amazing on the GTS (especially in Satin Black). I will miss the 21s, but I won't miss the gut wrenching stomach when hitting potholes in the tri-state area.

Old set-up (21s)

New set-up:

Old 09-16-2019, 02:46 PM
DAVfoto
Three Wheelin'

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts

Yea the spyders look really good in black. They look dated in silver on these cars. Good choice!

Which car did the 9.5s come on vs the 9s? 9s for Turbo and 9.5s for GTS?
Old 09-16-2019, 02:48 PM
CK.GTS
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVfoto
Yea the spyders look really good in black. They look dated in silver on these cars. Good choice!

Which car did the 9.5s come on vs the 9s? 9s for Turbo and 9.5s for GTS?
Thanks!

I’m not sure if they came on a specific trim vs being an available option for the Cayenne. They probably came on the GTS’ starting in 2015, but I could be wrong about that.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:23 PM
Stoff
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the info! Extremely helpful and I agree I think they look amazing in black.

I think I’m going to head down this path and begin my hunt for a pair of black Spyders!

cheers
christophe

Originally Posted by CK.GTS
Hi Stoff - thanks for following up. I finished downsizing this past weekend to a set of 20x9 RS Spyders in satin black. I would've gone for the 20x9.5 spec, but those are still pretty pricey and I got the 20x9's for a really great deal online from an owner in California. The only downside to going this route is that the offset differs between the 9s and the 9.5s. The 9.5s are I believe +47 offset, and the 9s are +57 offset making these pretty sunk in the wheel well for the GTS. To push them out, I paired them with 15mm spacers sourced from ECS tuning. Overall, extremely happy with the switch. The ride quality on 21s vs 20s are night and day difference, and I still think these wheels look amazing on the GTS (especially in Satin Black). I will miss the 21s, but I won't miss the gut wrenching stomach when hitting potholes in the tri-state area.

Old set-up (21s)

New set-up:

The following users liked this post:
CK.GTS (09-17-2019)

Quick Reply: Thoughts on downsizing wheel size or increasing tire size?