Sponsored By:

Help on PCM

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 11:19 PM
pcgizzmo
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on PCM

Hello, I'm new here and also the new owner of 2016 Cayenne GTS. Really love the Cayenne. Lots of fun to drive but I have some questions on the infotainment system. I"m hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

1. When I am streaming from my phone (Spotify) with Aux BT. I am unable to change the stations via the touch panel or the steering wheel selection wheel. In contrast my 2015 Audi would show me cover art and I could change songs just like I could change any other station.

2. When I'm streaming from Aux BT and stop the car and get back in it always defaults back to the standard radio. Is there a way for it to stay on the same settings I had before I got out? I would like to not have to change back to Aux BT every time I get back in the car.

3. Radio Stations. It looks like there is a max of 6. Is there a way to add additional stations to a channel list?

Last question. Is there a way to see miles to empty? I've tried looking at "Info" in the car settings and changing different setting on the dash but can't seem to find the right setting to view that.

Thanks and I'm glad to be a proud Porsche Cayenne owner!
Old 07-01-2019, 03:22 PM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by pcgizzmo
Hello, I'm new here and also the new owner of 2016 Cayenne GTS. Really love the Cayenne. Lots of fun to drive but I have some questions on the infotainment system. I"m hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

1. When I am streaming from my phone (Spotify) with Aux BT. I am unable to change the stations via the touch panel or the steering wheel selection wheel. In contrast my 2015 Audi would show me cover art and I could change songs just like I could change any other station.

2. When I'm streaming from Aux BT and stop the car and get back in it always defaults back to the standard radio. Is there a way for it to stay on the same settings I had before I got out? I would like to not have to change back to Aux BT every time I get back in the car.

3. Radio Stations. It looks like there is a max of 6. Is there a way to add additional stations to a channel list?

Last question. Is there a way to see miles to empty? I've tried looking at "Info" in the car settings and changing different setting on the dash but can't seem to find the right setting to view that.

Thanks and I'm glad to be a proud Porsche Cayenne owner!
1: The left and right arrows under the volume **** are track up & track down. You can also program one of the steering wheel buttons in the settings menu of the MFD (the gauge cluster menu) - I have mine set as track >

2: I wish! Mine does the same and it's such a peeve. The BT takes a while to connect. Not having a thumb drive in the USB seems to help it connect faster, but I can't get it to stick on Aux BT, or even Satellite.

3: Tap where it says "FM 1" on the display - There are multiple FM preset screens, one called "Best FM" (updates dynamically based on signal strength), and then "MIXED", which lets you put Satellite and radio presets on the same screen.

4: Miles to empty - It's called "Range", and you can put that info on the MFD display.

Hope this helps!
Old 07-01-2019, 03:43 PM
jpru2001
Pro

Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

We stream from Spotify - coincidentally our Cayenne is behaving fine with it and our Audi just quit showing song information on the screen a couple days ago!
Old 07-03-2019, 12:59 AM
pcgizzmo
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Eskimo1
1: The left and right arrows under the volume **** are track up & track down. You can also program one of the steering wheel buttons in the settings menu of the MFD (the gauge cluster menu) - I have mine set as track >

2: I wish! Mine does the same and it's such a peeve. The BT takes a while to connect. Not having a thumb drive in the USB seems to help it connect faster, but I can't get it to stick on Aux BT, or even Satellite.

3: Tap where it says "FM 1" on the display - There are multiple FM preset screens, one called "Best FM" (updates dynamically based on signal strength), and then "MIXED", which lets you put Satellite and radio presets on the same screen.

4: Miles to empty - It's called "Range", and you can put that info on the MFD display.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Eskimo! Appreciate the feed back and info. I found the menus you talked about but when I change them and stop the car and get back in they default back. Any idea how to save them?
Old 07-03-2019, 01:00 AM
pcgizzmo
6th Gear

Originally Posted by jpru2001
We stream from Spotify - coincidentally our Cayenne is behaving fine with it and our Audi just quit showing song information on the screen a couple days ago!
Thanks. I'm wondering if its the version of PCM code we have? I have seen where things magically stop and start working depending on the version of code release.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:09 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by pcgizzmo
Thanks Eskimo! Appreciate the feed back and info. I found the menus you talked about but when I change them and stop the car and get back in they default back. Any idea how to save them?
I'd suggest opening the owners manual to the section on "Key Memory" - it's not the PCM that's changing it back, it's the key memory. It's set by a variety of ways with a variety of results, but basically, you CAN get the car to remember the settings you want - it just takes knowing how, and that's all in your owners manual. It will also remember your mirror settings, seat settings, instrument panel display preferences, even your heat settings - all done with the magic of key memory. It's very powerful, and worth spending 30 minutes with the car and the manual to become familiar with it.

Quick Reply: Help on PCM