Sponsored By:

Cargo floor dimensions with seats up

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 05:50 AM
Hilton
Nordschleife Master

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Cargo floor dimensions with seats up

Can anyone measure and provide the length of the diagonal across the floor of the trunk of the 958 with the seats up?

All the sites I've found only give the volume, and I'd like to know if the cargo area has a longer diagonal than on the 957 (957 measures 59 inches, for reference), or whether I need to limit my search for 958's to ones which have roof rails.

I'm moving on from an XC90 which has a massive boot floor (67 inches).. and eliminated a 957 in person today, so hoping 958 will fit my snowboard.

Cheers!
Old 06-18-2019, 11:30 AM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 344 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Hilton
Can anyone measure and provide the length of the diagonal across the floor of the trunk of the 958 with the seats up?

All the sites I've found only give the volume, and I'd like to know if the cargo area has a longer diagonal than on the 957 (957 measures 59 inches, for reference), or whether I need to limit my search for 958's to ones which have roof rails.

I'm moving on from an XC90 which has a massive boot floor (67 inches).. and eliminated a 957 in person today, so hoping 958 will fit my snowboard.

Cheers!
If no one chimes in I will measure mine when I get home.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:22 PM
dbonds
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Hilton

Cheers!
I just measured my 2016 Cayenne S (958.2) and being generous, it measures at 58", so not significantly different from a 957.

One other item that may help - the rear seats are a "split fold down" design, so can fold everything down, either seat individually, OR just the middle section, as shown below. SO - if your goal is to carry a snowboard with 4 people at same time, this would work. If your goal is to "hide" the snowboard, not so much....

Old 06-18-2019, 06:40 PM
Hilton
Nordschleife Master

Awesome, thanks! I figured Rennlsit wouldcome through - when I was googling I found a lot of weird threads where people asked the same question and got a lot of replies, from owners who probably also owner tape measures, saying "go to a dealer". Good to see Rennlist's friendly crowd extends outside the 928 forums

Looks like I need to limit my search to cayenne's with roof rails.

There's a Cayenne Diesel S a half hour drive away which looks interesting - altho' I'm checking out the X5 turbo V8 on Saturday as well.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:49 AM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 76 Posts

And the rear seats also slide forward and aft quite a bit as well as recline, so if there's something that needs to go in the hatch area that's close, chances are you can adjust the seatback/slide to accommodate.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:25 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 109 Posts

What's the length of your board? And do you expect to store it flat or on it's side?
Old 06-19-2019, 06:35 PM
MikeL31
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts

ive fit 4 adults and 4 snowboards and gear/luggage in the cayenne to go to the mountains for 3-4 days. the 4 boards went thru the middle with the middle section folded down. i laid down a bed sheet in the middle and stacked the boards flat. the bottom one went flat normally, the second one upside down binding to binding, the third one flat down and the 4th one upside down binding to binding. the longest boards was 160 and 165. i optioned my car with roof rails, but was too cheap to buy the transport bars and the additional ski/board rack. you shouldnt have any problems once you figure out how to tetris everything inside.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:41 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 109 Posts

Tangentially, we've been really pleased with how well the Sportube cases hold up for air travel. That and they're great for keeping the various sharp and pointy edges from ski gear from gouging the upholstery (or passengers). We only use a Sportube2 and it fit quite readily through the pass-through on our '17 GTS. I can't speak to the larger sizes. But if you're looking for a good, solid and durable case for lugging the stuff, these are great.

https://www.sportube.com/Series-2-Sp...p/21bkswez.htm
Old 06-22-2019, 01:47 AM
Hilton
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by wkearney99
What's the length of your board? And do you expect to store it flat or on it's side?
Board length depends on which ones I'm taking.. 159 mostly, but my other one is a massive 168. Happy to fit them on edge in the trunk i.e. tucking the end in by the side of the rear seats.

I'm gonna have to go check out a car in person.. the 440hp X5 I just had a look at is nice, but the Cayenne S 4.2 diesel will be cheaper to run.

Originally Posted by MikeL31
ive fit 4 adults and 4 snowboards and gear/luggage in the cayenne to go to the mountains for 3-4 days. the 4 boards went thru the middle with the middle section folded down. i laid down a bed sheet in the middle and stacked the boards flat. the bottom one went flat normally, the second one upside down binding to binding, the third one flat down and the 4th one upside down binding to binding. the longest boards was 160 and 165. i optioned my car with roof rails, but was too cheap to buy the transport bars and the additional ski/board rack. you shouldnt have any problems once you figure out how to tetris everything inside.
Good to know, thanks.

I have a strong preference to avoid roof racks - I've found the Thule aero bars get a nasty harmonic at aussie freeway speed limits. I use them for surfboards locally at urban speeds, but snow is 500km each way.

Quick Reply: Cargo floor dimensions with seats up