Sponsored By:

conti dws06 vs pirelli verde AS+ 20" Base v6

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 02:30 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by quickster2
I have the Verde's and think they are a great tire for this vehicle. I should get 45K easy on these. Just keep them balanced and rotated. I also use 40 PSI front vs. the 37 recommended. If and when I wear these out I'll be another set.
I am just a messenger here but I believe Porsche does not recommend rotating the tires. Agree that Pirellis are fine
Old 06-16-2019, 06:25 AM
quickster2
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I will check my owners manual on the rotation recommendation. These tires are not asymmetrical. They have proven to me to be sensitive to balance. Thx for the possible heads up. I think a rear X rotation method would be advised if nothing else for the sensitivity of the transfer case to potentially unequal tires front vs. rear. I'll report back.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:09 AM
rdboxster
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 179 Posts

I had the Pirelli Verde Porsche spec tires on the Touareg and really liked them. At the time I was changing to a winter tire setup so only ran the Verdes for 3 seasons. They were wearing well when I sent to diesel to the shredder. Currently have DWS06 on the CGTS. I run these year round. Really like them and they are wearing well. They do fine in the snow for the few times I drive it on winter roads. Since we go south for the winter I needed a more versatile tire and the DWS06 is a perfect solution. My tire guy strongly recommends the Conti be rotated at about 7k miles. They can get real noisy if they have any cupping.

Quick Reply: conti dws06 vs pirelli verde AS+ 20" Base v6