Three Wheelin'

Received 174 Likes on 138 Posts

cool. thanks.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:08 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,916 Likes on 1,728 Posts

Originally Posted by Slickdvl
Just looking for cheap and easy upgrades - little more oomph. Just like the Ferrari tweeters (which I already did)

go gt a JL Sub and make a mold for that side compartment. There is plenty of airspace to make a fiberglass enclosure to fit the JL. Run another dedicated amp to the sub. Call it a day. If the rest of your speakers are playing frequencies that are too low, cap them as your sub is gonna be kicking out some new frequencies.

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 06-12-2019 at 02:40 AM.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:26 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 175 Posts
Default That sounds really good

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
go gt a JL Sub and make a mild for that side compartment. There is plenty of airspace to make a fiberglass enclosure to fit the JL. Run another dedicated amp to the sub. Call it a day. If the rest of your speakers are playing frequencies that are too low, cap them as your sub is gonna be kicking out some new frequencies.
Sounds good. Any more details would be great
Old 06-12-2019, 02:47 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,916 Likes on 1,728 Posts

The Jl audio 8" 8W3v3, only needs .3 cu ft of air space. Go to their site and you can probably figure out how large a sub one can fit in there. I'll bet one can even remove the bose sub and just replace with with a JL in a new enclosure.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:20 PM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 76 Posts

My diesel has the stock Bose sub in the left side panel, because the AdBlue tank is under the spare tire. The long-term plan is to remove that plastic Bose sub enclosure and have a custom one fabricated to fit in that space. I'm confident there's enough room for at least 1 cu. ft. of airspace in the enclosure, which is enough for a 10 or 12 that's been optimized for small enclosures. (The 12" I'm using now is made for .5 cu. ft.). I'm just using a small pre-fab box in that corner for the time being, since there always seems to be something else to spend $1k on.

That said, if you don't currently have the sub back there *AND* don't have 4-zone, the trim panel there will need to be cut out and a new one fabricated. Several Touareg's have had this done by high-end audio shops if you want to see how it can be done. It won't be cheap, but if you're serious about the audio in the car, you'll really want/need a sub.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer retrofit?