Sponsored By:

Rear door locking problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 04:33 PM
tranzow
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear door locking problem

My right rear door won't lock. All other doors lock with the remote. In order to get it to lock I had to switch it over to child lock. However the child lock is a nuisance when someone is sitting in the back seat unable to unlock the door (front and rear door lock switches won't unlock it). The only way to get the door open is for the rear passenger to pull the handle, than it allows me to unlock with the remote. Anyone have this problem or have a solution?

Last edited by tranzow; 03-17-2019 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Misspelled word
Old 03-17-2019, 08:46 PM
Tom M
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Solution is most likely to replace the actuator. It is a DIY if you are handy but there are quite a few steps to do it. Mine was just the opposite in that it would lock but not unlock using the remote. Oddly, it worked perfectly if the door wasn't actually closed so you might try that as well. With the door open you use a screwdriver to close the latch so the electronics think the door is closed and then operate the lock/unlock cycles to see if it works. FWIW I bought my replacement (used) actuator off eBay.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:16 PM
nerdtalker
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts

Your door lock module is probably dead. I had similar and replaced my door lock module this weekend. Oddly enough it also was the passenger rear door that failed. Symptoms were no beep on lock, and no click from the actuator when lock/unlock (put your ear against the door from the outside and compare to a working door).

Not hard to DIY, only tricky steps are getting the door handle off and the sun shade actuator pole if you have the sun shade option.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:29 PM
billybill
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the exact same problem. I went to the stealership to fix it. Cost about $600. I looked into doing it myself but it looked a little too difficult for me.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:47 PM
Pmorritt
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 67 Posts

humm, i’m looking around for a rear door. not there????
Old 05-22-2019, 10:04 AM
hotrod2448
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 85 Posts

I've got this going on my drivers rear door currently. Last week it wouldn't unlock, this week it won't lock, no chirp on locking and I can hear the door locks cycling when pulling away from a stop. Still under warranty so, the dealer can deal with it.

Quick Reply: Rear door locking problem