2015 CS DIY Oil Change Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 06:24 PM
porschedad_73
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2015 CS DIY Oil Change Question

Hi,
I'm thinking about changing the oil on my 2015 CS. Found couple of very helpful DIYs here but one was for the base V6 model and the other for the V8 model. I was not able to find any info here nor on Youtube for specifically the 2015 S model. Can someone let me know if the process, the parts I need and location of all the components are the same between the V6 S vs V6 base?

I was thinking about bringing back to the stealership for this (they quoted me $250) but after watching the V6 base video and how simple it looks, I'd rather do it myself.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:31 PM
John Young
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by porschedad_73
Hi,
I'm thinking about changing the oil on my 2015 CS. Found couple of very helpful DIYs here but one was for the base V6 model and the other for the V8 model. I was not able to find any info here nor on Youtube for specifically the 2015 S model. Can someone let me know if the process, the parts I need and location of all the components are the same between the V6 S vs V6 base?

I was thinking about bringing back to the stealership for this (they quoted me $250) but after watching the V6 base video and how simple it looks, I'd rather do it myself.
I have a 2015 CS. I used this as my guideline:
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...il-change.html

Buy a Mann Filter (same as OEM) from Amazon, get a set of torx for removing undertray bolts, and Mobil 1 0W-40 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil. Or any Porsche A40 approved oil. You need 9 qts. Also definitely get a giant oil tray since its splashes all over and is a lot of oil. Big 36mm socket needed to remove the oil filter. Its rather simple. I don't have PDSS so no issues as in the link above. I used Rhino ramps and drove my cayenne onto those, chocked the rear wheels so it didn't roll back. Make sure your ebrake is on. I also have the air suspension, but can change oil without raising the air suspension- using the rhino ramps. I raise the air suspension to the max and lock it out so it doesn't lower while I work on the car.

I personally would suggest new ECS tuning oil drain plugs or OEM drain plugs. They are made of aluminum and should be replaced with each change. Also get any crush washer that may come with that. I think you can also get the washer alongside the Mann filter on Amazon.

Note that when putting in the filter, you really have to shove it in the housing to ensure it's in there tight for a good seal. When you remove the old filter, from the housing, notice how it goes in and how deep its in the housing. You have to reverse that process.

Tricky part- clearing the damn oil change light. icarscan PORII on amazon, $150 tool for that. I think there may be other options, but I'm still looking. Still have my 'change your oil' screen to clear every day.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:49 AM
porschedad_73
Instructor

Originally Posted by John Young
I have a 2015 CS. I used this as my guideline:
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...il-change.html

Buy a Mann Filter (same as OEM) from Amazon, get a set of torx for removing undertray bolts, and Mobil 1 0W-40 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil. Or any Porsche A40 approved oil. You need 9 qts. Also definitely get a giant oil tray since its splashes all over and is a lot of oil. Big 36mm socket needed to remove the oil filter. Its rather simple. I don't have PDSS so no issues as in the link above. I used Rhino ramps and drove my cayenne onto those, chocked the rear wheels so it didn't roll back. Make sure your ebrake is on. I also have the air suspension, but can change oil without raising the air suspension- using the rhino ramps. I raise the air suspension to the max and lock it out so it doesn't lower while I work on the car.

I personally would suggest new ECS tuning oil drain plugs or OEM drain plugs. They are made of aluminum and should be replaced with each change. Also get any crush washer that may come with that. I think you can also get the washer alongside the Mann filter on Amazon.

Note that when putting in the filter, you really have to shove it in the housing to ensure it's in there tight for a good seal. When you remove the old filter, from the housing, notice how it goes in and how deep its in the housing. You have to reverse that process.

Tricky part- clearing the damn oil change light. icarscan PORII on amazon, $150 tool for that. I think there may be other options, but I'm still looking. Still have my 'change your oil' screen to clear every day.
Thank you John. The reference article was very helpful. No wonder I couldn't find something like that. It was in the wrong forum. Anyway, great suggestion and I'll definitely look into the ECS drain plug. I'm probably going to bite the bullet and buy the icarsoft. It's worth it long term.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:26 AM
John Young
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Thank you John. The reference article was very helpful. No wonder I couldn't find something like that. It was in the wrong forum. Anyway, great suggestion and I'll definitely look into the ECS drain plug. I'm probably going to bite the bullet and buy the icarsoft. It's worth it long term.
Ping me if you have questions on other stuff.

So far I've figured out on my 15CS: engine air filters, cabin air filter, brake pads, spark plugs, oil change, hitch installation in the rear bumper, dash cam wiring, morimoto yellow LED driving lights replacing the halogens, transfer case debug (but the dealer changed it after I kept insisting), and cargo cross bars (I don't have the factory roof rails).

Still got to paint my calipers, do a brake fluid flush, and replace TC fluid with Ravenol. Also have to figure our how to lower the air suspension to GTS height with a PIWIS, and one day- tune my ecu for some more hp.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:38 AM
quickster2
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

FYI I've found it it easier to put the filter in the end cap and then install (push) it in the housing. Much better ergo wise and less chance of distorting the filter in any way.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:30 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 763 Posts

You're absolutely right - and it's getting moved to the correct forum. It predates the split into two (now three) series specific forums, and somehow I missed it when scanning for things to move over.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:35 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 763 Posts

I've also created a DIY out of the posting - it can be seen at: https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...il-change.html
Old 03-20-2019, 01:55 AM
porschedad_73
Instructor

Originally Posted by deilenberger
You're absolutely right - and it's getting moved to the correct forum. It predates the split into two (now three) series specific forums, and somehow I missed it when scanning for things to move over.
Thanks deilenberger. Folks looking for this in the future would definitely appreciate that

Quick Reply: 2015 CS DIY Oil Change Question