Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Icarsoft POR V2.0 thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 11:20 PM
john981
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 161 Posts

Does anyone know what the difference between POR II and POR v2.0 is? they have different names and also look different but they cost the same. Any ideas?? thanks!

https://www.icarsoft.com/Product/s-3...ft_POR_II.html
https://www.icarsoft.com/Product/s-3...ft_POR_V2.html
The following users liked this post:
Nick Exton (02-01-2020)
Old 04-13-2019, 03:54 PM
hotrod2448
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by john981
Does anyone know what the difference between POR II and POR v2.0 is? they have different names and also look different but they cost the same. Any ideas?? thanks!

https://www.icarsoft.com/Product/s-3...ft_POR_II.html
https://www.icarsoft.com/Product/s-3...ft_POR_V2.html
From the email exchange I had with them:
POR V2.0 is new released item,which has faster process speed.

POR V2.0=POR II+BMS+data print.
I never could register the battery so YMMV
The following users liked this post:
Nick Exton (02-01-2020)
Old 04-17-2019, 02:53 AM
john981
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
From the email exchange I had with them:

I never could register the battery so YMMV
great, thank you!
Old 04-25-2019, 01:03 AM
john981
Rennlist Member

On the counter for misfires of the last 10 trips, my scanner shows between 1-12 misfires per cylinder. 2 cylinders show more misfires than the others. Does anyone else see these random misfires? I don't have otherwise no codes or CEL. I have a 2014 base 981 boxster. Thank you in advance.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:25 AM
hotrod2448
Pro

On the counter for misfires of the last 10 trips, my scanner shows between 1-12 misfires per cylinder. 2 cylinders show more misfires than the others. Does anyone else see these random misfires? I don't have otherwise no codes or CEL. I have a 2014 base 981 boxster. Thank you in advance.
You might want to go check in on the boxster forum, this is the cayenne forum and a thread for the POR V2.0. They might have more specific info.

My uninformed wild guesses... any chance it's bad fuel or it might be time to change or re-gap plugs, check coils, etc?
Old 04-26-2019, 02:19 AM
john981
Rennlist Member

You might want to go check in on the boxster forum, this is the cayenne forum and a thread for the POR V2.0. They might have more specific info.

My uninformed wild guesses... any chance it's bad fuel or it might be time to change or re-gap plugs, check coils, etc?
Ups, I had overseen that I am in a cayenne forum, I had just searched for POR V2.0. I was still wondering if independent of the car type you see this misfires. I hooked up the same device on my 2018 infinti and in the OBDII modes it showed several misfires. The fuel is pretty high quality, spark plugs were changed 10k miles ago and last time the coils were checked (8 month ago) no issues. I talked to my service adviser at the dealership and he told me random misfires are normal as long as no CEL.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:58 AM
awaschka
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ups, I had overseen that I am in a cayenne forum, I had just searched for POR V2.0. I was still wondering if independent of the car type you see this misfires. I hooked up the same device on my 2018 infinti and in the OBDII modes it showed several misfires. The fuel is pretty high quality, spark plugs were changed 10k miles ago and last time the coils were checked (8 month ago) no issues. I talked to my service adviser at the dealership and he told me random misfires are normal as long as no CEL.
I would look at it this way. Say the average rpm is 2000. Each cylinder fires at half the rpm rate so 1000 firings per minute. On a 20 minute drive that is 20,000 firings. 12 misfires is .06%. I wouldn't think that would be a problem. But I'm not a Porsche tech so YMMV.

Al
Old 10-30-2019, 11:28 PM
Rupert16
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello can anyone help?

I have issues with a new icarsoft por v2 scanner, it won't exist from the electronic rear brake service screen on the dash.

Cheers.

Last edited by Rupert16; 10-30-2019 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 04:05 PM
asleep636
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

What is the difference between POR V2.0 and P700 V2.0? What model year and model that you are working on?
Old 01-02-2021, 12:02 PM
Mita11
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ToreB
I coded my new original Porsche battery with my PIWIS 2. The registration is done on one page/menu in the tool, but the info on this page will still show the default configuration after registration. However, I later found out that the registered information must be read out on a different screen/menu item in the tool.
Since I thought my entered data was not registered properly, I tried to register a second time, but this was rejected. The car Gateway unit will not accept repeated registrations. I got an error message stating that the battery change procedure was not done correctly, and a new registration was not allowed. I guess the battery must be disconnected before the gateway unit will accept a new battery registration. I did not bother to try that, I had fastened the seat and packed everything away.

Maybe iCarsoft have problems supporting this functionality in their tool, and maybe it ignores or misinterpret the error message when trying repeated entering of data.
Cheers,
Tore
Hi,

I would ask a favour: could you please share with me which menu could you check the battery registration info using Piwis II? I have registered new battery successfully in the gateway - maintenance repair - battery menu but invoking again this function after the coding came back with garbage data, no serial number no product number and other type of battery. Therefore I am not certain the function were executed sucessfully. The info would be very usefull for me.
Old 01-02-2021, 01:38 PM
Mita11
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, t think I found it: gateway - drive link check values - battery. Lot of values listed, after the selection the actual values of the selected list are displayed. The battery type and manufacturer can be displayed but not the battery part no. and serial no.
Old 03-02-2021, 03:07 AM
rubenhak
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm starting this thread to document/discuss this tool.

I recently purchased one of these to reset the oil service light and hopefully register my new battery as icarsoft claims this tool is able to do on their website and confirmed to me in an email. They also confirmed it is able to log data which I figured might be helpful for documenting the lag issue once the heat returns. They also said they plan to add coding functionality but, I'll believe that when I see it. I was able to get it off of amazon for about $150. So far it reads all the modules, is able to display their serial numbers software versions, live data on everything I've tried to look at so far both numerically and graphing. Unfortunately I've been unable to register the battery in my 30-45 minutes of messing with it so, I figured I would start a thread and see where this ends up.

Working through the menus on battery registration it gives me multiple Ah batteries to chose from then I need to select the manufacturer (Mol, Varta, and 2 apparently generic options), enter the serial number and part number of the battery. I think once I get the formatting of these figured out we'll be in business. I purchased this battery from Batteries Plus as I believe several others have as well.
https://www.batteriesplus.com/batter...40cca/sli49agm

Of course I did not have the presence of mind to write down the serial number prior to installing and there is no guarantee that it would be in the same format as an OEM battery anyway. Either the tool or the car seems to know what the serial and part numbers should look like. It is looking for a 10 digit serial and an 11 digit part number. I've tried a few random numbers for serial numbers and a few variations of 958-611-092-21 which should be the part number for the OEM 92Ah battery and I've got a few different responses from the unit consisting of "format incorrect" and "unable to communicate".

I plan to email icarsoft tech support tomorrow to see if they have any input on this. In the meantime does anyone know the manufacturer of the OEM 92Ah battery and the format of the serial number for them? I'm assuming there are certain places for letters vs numbers and there may or may not be dots or dashes.
I have a dumb question. Which menu contains battery registration? I have really hard time finding one on iCarSoft POR II. Thanks
Old 03-02-2021, 11:59 AM
hotrod2448
Pro

Originally Posted by rubenhak
I have a dumb question. Which menu contains battery registration? I have really hard time finding one on iCarSoft POR II. Thanks
The icarsoft website appears to be down (for me at least) but, I believe there are actually two different tools with very similar names made by the same company and I'm not sure they have the same capabilities. I have the V2.0. It's been a while since I looked but, I believe battery registration was under the maintenance tab.
POR II:

POR V2.0:
Old 01-12-2022, 08:14 AM
Tim Matar
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

I just managed to register my new Varta Battery using the iCarsoft Por II. First I went into measured values of Gateway under diagnostics. I wrote down the serial number and part number that were already registered (these were not the battery I removed, they were from the original battery). I then entered them back in using the programming feature on the same tool. I could set the capacity and brand correctly but had to use the previous values as recorded for serial number and part number as it is quite fussy about format. I even needed to modify the format of the part number as read from the diagnostic (the 11 character one). I needed to drop the last letter and enter decimal places between each three numbers/characters. There is no way the car could use any of this information except for the capacity but I highly doubt it does. I am quite convinced this is nothing more than a log of battery replacements as the diagnostic shows numbered entries for each battery replacement (e.g. Battery Number 1, Battery Number 2 etc.) @hotrod2448

Last edited by Tim Matar; 01-12-2022 at 08:16 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tim Matar:
hotrod2448 (01-12-2022), s996 (01-12-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 02:31 PM
dassArse
Racer

Received 340 Likes on 96 Posts

hate to resurrect.

anyone with success resetting/killing the TPMS alert. I erase the code but still appears when cycling the car back on.

purchased for this purpose, but apparently a fail??? thx

Quick Reply: Icarsoft POR V2.0 thread