Sponsored By:

OEM Air Suspension retrofitted to 2015 Touareg using Cayenne Parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 10:36 AM
hammerdog
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default OEM Air Suspension retrofitted to 2015 Touareg using Cayenne Parts

USA Touareg owners were no longer able to get air suspension after 2010 and now the Touareg is discontinued. There is an interesting post on the Touareg forums regarding a Touareg owner in Canada who added OEM air suspension to his 2015 Touareg using Cayenne air suspension parts. The owner is a diesel mechanic who had the skills and tools to do DIY. Probably cost prohibitive for most people, but it might be possible to add air suspension to your Cayenne if you bought one without air.

Here is the link and it is interesting reading.

.https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f...it-285295.html
Old 12-15-2018, 06:33 AM
John Young
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks! That was a very good read. I saw on the older Cayenne 1st Gen there was a connection from the air compressor to allow for an air hose for inflating things. Any way to retrofit my 958.2 Air suspension to do that? Or did they switch to a completely different type of system? It would be more badass than plugging in a 12V air compressor.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:59 AM
hammerdog
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Probably is a way to do that, but I have no idea how. We are fortunate air suspension is still available for Cayenne. Touareg owners have been complaining about lack of air suspension since it was discontinued. Now, they have hope it can be retrofitted, but I would buy a Cayenne with air before I would spend money retrofitting air on a vehicle which has been discontinued.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:45 PM
slavie
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 128 Posts

As they say, with enough time and money you can retrofit anything. Very cool, but not sure the time-money relationship is going to work out for a lot of people. Impressive nonetheless. I guess as these vehicles start getting older and more enthusiasts start tinkering with them, we'll see more of this sort of thing.

As for the air inflator on Gen1 - it is fantastic. Much faster than a 12v air compressor, too. Too bad the supplied hose is only long enough to reach the wheels on your car, so you cannot just take it to inflate wheels on another car (unless it's a few feet away).
Old 12-15-2018, 03:19 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by John Young
Thanks! That was a very good read. I saw on the older Cayenne 1st Gen there was a connection from the air compressor to allow for an air hose for inflating things. Any way to retrofit my 958.2 Air suspension to do that? Or did they switch to a completely different type of system? It would be more badass than plugging in a 12V air compressor.
Your 958.2 is a "sealed" (sorta) system - filled with nitrogen which when it isn't holding things up is stored in a storage tank. The compressor only uses outside air if the nitrogen leaks out. So - the answer is no.

Quick Reply: OEM Air Suspension retrofitted to 2015 Touareg using Cayenne Parts