Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 For newer Cayennes than the 955/957 series
Series II
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Trunk Latching Issue

 
Old 11-30-2018, 07:11 PM
  #1  
GBX
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
GBX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: LI
Posts: 1,449
Default Trunk Latching Issue

Simply put, my trunk doesn't always latch. Many times, after i press the close button, it comes down flush to the car but them beeps and doesn't fully close. I have to manually push it in to get it to close. My dealer is telling me that its the foam piece under the flap/latch that's causing the issue. Its apparently deteriorated. Anyone have a diagram of this part and/or part number?

Thanks!
GBX is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 10:53 PM
  #2  
CAVU
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
CAVU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 664
Default

I had the same issue along with many others. Didn't show up until after a few years of usage. They checked my hatch alignment, lift motors, the works. Brought in a PNA enginner to look aat mine and two others at the dealership. Porsche Germany resolved it within weeks with a new software/firmware load for the hatch closing system. Seems that the original programming was too sensitive and it thought it was closing on "little fingers".
CAVU is offline  
Old 12-03-2018, 12:45 AM
  #3  
leftlane
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,318
Default

Mine did the same and was fixed under warranty.
leftlane is offline  
Old 12-03-2018, 10:27 AM
  #4  
GBX
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
GBX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: LI
Posts: 1,449
Default

Originally Posted by leftlane View Post
Mine did the same and was fixed under warranty.
apparently CPO doesn't cover this job for some reason.
GBX is offline  
Old 12-03-2018, 04:25 PM
  #5  
leftlane
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,318
Default

I’d push back on that - it should be covered under CPO no problem. I’ll find my paperwork and see if I was already over 50k miles when mine was done - I have CPO also. Pretty much everything should be covered just like the new car warranty.
leftlane is offline  
Old 12-03-2018, 05:00 PM
  #6  
GBX
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
GBX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: LI
Posts: 1,449
Default

Originally Posted by leftlane View Post
I’d push back on that - it should be covered under CPO no problem. I’ll find my paperwork and see if I was already over 50k miles when mine was done - I have CPO also. Pretty much everything should be covered just like the new car warranty.
That would be great. Thanks!!

They're blaming my issue on the foam under the latch breaking down. I guess a "wear" part like that isn't covered???? Not sure
GBX is offline  
Old 12-12-2018, 03:37 PM
  #7  
GBX
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
GBX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: LI
Posts: 1,449
Default

My dealer is assuming me that replacing the Sill Trim (part #958-551-459-01-5R5) will fix the problem. Does this make sense to anyone? I'm only asking because they want to charge me for this part...not covered under CPO for some reason. Thanks!
GBX is offline  
Old 12-12-2018, 03:52 PM
  #8  
deilenberger
Moderator
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Spring Lake, NJ, US of A
Posts: 6,322
Default

I seem to recall hearing about the foam once before. It would seem that replacing just the foam might be a less expensive approach. Of course, you have to find some of the right density and then cut it to fit.
deilenberger is offline  
Old 12-12-2018, 04:35 PM
  #9  
leftlane
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,318
Default

Okay I found my paperwork - my symptoms were exactly like yours and I had mine covered under CPO warranty at 53k miles. Here is what the tech put on the work order:

Customer states rear hatch isn't closing all the way at times and will beep
958-618-080-04 Control Unit Lid
Replaced and programmed rear lid control unit. Created val and cleared fault memory. Calibrated rear lid and tested operation multiple time without failure.

There is no mention of foam or trim being the issue. Initially they recalibrated it for me but that did not fix the issue. After replacement (Feb 18) I have had no problems.
leftlane is offline  
Old 12-12-2018, 05:17 PM
  #10  
GBX
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
GBX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: LI
Posts: 1,449
Default

Originally Posted by deilenberger View Post
I seem to recall hearing about the foam once before. It would seem that replacing just the foam might be a less expensive approach. Of course, you have to find some of the right density and then cut it to fit.
I guess this part includes new foam too? i can't find that info in the PET.

Originally Posted by leftlane View Post
Okay I found my paperwork - my symptoms were exactly like yours and I had mine covered under CPO warranty at 53k miles. Here is what the tech put on the work order:

Customer states rear hatch isn't closing all the way at times and will beep
958-618-080-04 Control Unit Lid
Replaced and programmed rear lid control unit. Created val and cleared fault memory. Calibrated rear lid and tested operation multiple time without failure.

There is no mention of foam or trim being the issue. Initially they recalibrated it for me but that did not fix the issue. After replacement (Feb 18) I have had no problems.
​​​​​​​thanks.
GBX is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: