Sponsored By:

Any instructions on how to change lower oil pan gasket of 15 CS

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 12:29 PM
Hang Yu Xu
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any instructions on how to change lower oil pan gasket of 15 CS

I have 2015 Cayenne S with 54000 miles. It's v6 with dual turbo. I find out there is oil leaking from lower oil pan while I was about to do an oil change. I cannot find any info on how to change gasket or replace the lower oil pan. Porsche doesn't even have part number for the gasket. What I find out is to get the gasket we have to buy the pan which comes with a gasket as you can see the pic blew. The part number of the pan is 946-107-015-51 and it cost $140. It's impossible to change the pan because of limited space. But it's possible to change the gasket. Please let me know if anyone has any instructions, sharing experience or part number for the bolts to the lower oil. Much appreciated!

Old 11-20-2018, 07:49 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

I would question if the gasket can be changed without pan removal.. there have to be parts like the oil pump and oil pump pickup going down into the pan - and I can't imagine it's possible to work the gasket around those..
Old 11-20-2018, 09:07 PM
Hang Yu Xu
Track Day

After remove 19 bolts from low oil pan, it should drop down in less two fingers space but it cannot be taken off the car. I think the space allows to swap the old gasket with new one. Looking at the pic, you can see a part of low oil pan with drill plug sits in. I am not sure it could be slide out. I will try when I change it. I highly doubt it. This job is tough because we can not see what's going on. It's all by feel to make sure gasket sits in the right place and tighten in the right torque spec. This is the way I am going to do it. I ordered parts today. It would be great if anyone has done this before and shares some experience.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:09 PM
Hang Yu Xu
Track Day

BTW I took the photo from SteveFromMN's oil change post. I will take some my own photos.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:38 AM
140.6er
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

What is the pan getting hung up on. Is it possible to raise the body up off the chassis to clear the obstruction?
Old 11-21-2018, 05:03 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by Hang Yu Xu
BTW I took the photo from SteveFromMN's oil change post. I will take some my own photos.
Please take LOTS of photos..
Old 03-02-2021, 06:24 PM
koister2001
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hang Yu Xu
After remove 19 bolts from low oil pan, it should drop down in less two fingers space but it cannot be taken off the car. I think the space allows to swap the old gasket with new one. Looking at the pic, you can see a part of low oil pan with drill plug sits in. I am not sure it could be slide out. I will try when I change it. I highly doubt it. This job is tough because we can not see what's going on. It's all by feel to make sure gasket sits in the right place and tighten in the right torque spec. This is the way I am going to do it. I ordered parts today. It would be great if anyone has done this before and shares some experience.
My dealer recently found a small leak from the lower oil pan. I am collecting info to decide if it is DIYable or take it to a shop. Were you able to access the lower oil pan and r&r it? If I have to take it in for service, I am wondering how much the indies would charge for it. Mine is 2013 turbo.

Last edited by koister2001; 03-02-2021 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-04-2021, 04:23 PM
Gary958.2 S
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Out of curiosity, did you find a part number for the gasket? reason I ask is that looking at the workshop manual, it looks like you use sealant, rather than a gasket. And looking at nemigaparts.com parts diagrams, it also seems to show sealant For example
23 Sealing compound
1 tube for Oil pan 50 ml. X
Part Number 000 043 300 39 $ 28.31

Don't take my word for it on the above picture and part number. All 958 model years are covered by several diagrams, so you'd need to go into nemigaparts.com yourself to align the right drawing with your twin turbo V6.

By the way, the pdf workshop manual instructions for oil pan removal cover 25 pages (pages 5757 to 5782 on mine), and none of them cover doing it in situ. They seem to assume you'll have the engine out of the car on a stand.

Regards and good luck
Gary

Quick Reply: Any instructions on how to change lower oil pan gasket of 15 CS