Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

DIY: Porsche Logo Puddle Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 09:54 PM
pgarg
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do these lights not fit on 2016 Cayenne? Almost all listings on Amazon/Alibaba say Cayenne 2011-2015.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:33 AM
awaschka
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AGARubberDuck
Sorry to hear that, especially if you picked them up on my recommendation. For me, hooking the front (top) first and then pressing the back/bottom up allow them to snap in with an incredible amount of holding power. After the 1st one, the subsequent doors were done in a matter of seconds. If you try to attach them in the same way as OEM, you'd probably need to modify the plastic clips on the front and you'll have less holding power. I have a 2011, but can't imagine there would be any difference in the door cards from 2011 - 2018.
I have a 2015. I tried hooking back first - front wouldn't hook. Then I tried hooking front first - I pushed REALLY hard but couldn't get the back to hook. Not your fault. I don't think I got the same ones as you. I was also concerned that if I got them in I wouldn't be able to get them out. I don't see how the plastic clip ones can work as well as the ones with the metal clips. I'll keep my eyes open for some with metal clips. I like the look.

Thanks for pointing them out.

Al

Old 07-21-2019, 12:54 PM
Diamond Dog
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

The lenses are interchangeable. There are two types of replacement lenses. Glass and plastic film. If you can find glass ones, they will not fade overt time. I had a source, but do not anymore. If someone could,post a source for shadow light glass replacement lenses, that would,be great

Quick Reply: DIY: Porsche Logo Puddle Lights