Sponsored By:

Trunk/Tailgate Not Opening Properly

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 11:56 PM
domrep
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trunk/Tailgate Not Opening Properly

Hey guys - hoping someone can help me solve this problem. When I open the trunk with the key the trunk will pop open about 2 inches then beep, then if i press it again it will pop up another 2 inches or so etc. and won't open all the way in one go. I've tried resetting the tail gate height by holding the close button until it beeps and I don't think there's anything blocking the sensors. Car is a recently purchased '13 GTS if that makes a difference. I'm wondering if I'm missing something!
Old 10-08-2018, 01:03 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 763 Posts

Manually open it all the way, then press and hold the open button on your key until you hear a beep.. it needs to know the top position. That can be adjusted for clearance by moving it to where you want it to stop going up, and holding it - then pressing and holding the open button until you hear a beep.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:09 PM
rdboxster
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 179 Posts

I had issues setting the opening height of the tailgate on my 2016 GTS. Finally had to have the dealer clear the controller. Been working great ever since.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:12 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 132 Posts

Make sure you're not hitting the button twice. Have a second key, try that one to see if the problem remains.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:00 PM
domrep
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have tried all the above (except for the resetting from dealer) and the problem still remains. Very strange. I think the next step is takin it to the stealership to get the controller cleared
Old 05-07-2023, 06:03 PM
jeremy339
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by domrep
Hey guys - hoping someone can help me solve this problem. When I open the trunk with the key the trunk will pop open about 2 inches then beep, then if i press it again it will pop up another 2 inches or so etc. and won't open all the way in one go. I've tried resetting the tail gate height by holding the close button until it beeps and I don't think there's anything blocking the sensors. Car is a recently purchased '13 GTS if that makes a difference. I'm wondering if I'm missing something!
I have a 2013 Cayenne S. Tailgate won't open all the way nor close completely. So I disconnected the battery (located under the driver's seat) for 20 minutes; reconnected it and BAM, tailgate works as designed. Sorry Stealer; you're welcome guys.🇬🇾
The following users liked this post:
GTCharlie (05-07-2023)

Quick Reply: Trunk/Tailgate Not Opening Properly