Sponsored By:

Rear drivers side door won't open from the outside

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 12:47 PM
pastorom
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rear drivers side door won't open from the outside

2011 CTT with 103k miles on it. My rear drivers side door won't open from the outside any more (Not that it matters for this, i guess, but i have keyless entry and drive). It opens from the inside just fine.
My initial instinct is that this related to a faulty door latch. Can someone confirm that this is the right part to be replacing - 9A783911501?

Has anyone done this before? Any tips? Is it fairly straightforward to remove the door trim and panels from the inside and replace the lock actuator?
Old 09-05-2018, 02:34 PM
Tom M
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I had a similar situation on my 2011 S on the rear passenger door. Wound up replacing the lock actuator (with a used one from eBay) to solve the problem. It's a DIY job but takes a decent amount of disassembly to get to it. Probably wouldn't have figured out the complete process without having an ALLDATAdiy.com subscription.

It does take removal of the trim but the inside panel also needs to come out which means the window also has to be unclamped from the mechanism and taped in place at a specific height. Also needed is some sort of a tool used to release and relatch the decorative cover on the door handle. Took quite a bit of effort getting the panel off as there's very little leverage to pull initially.

There's a YouTube video which covers part of the process and that was helpful.

As an aside - I actually used the actuator from a Panamera that was the same p/n for the actual part but had to move the control cables over as they are different lengths.

Quick Reply: Rear drivers side door won't open from the outside