Sponsored By:

2011 turbo driver ventilated/heated seat not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 10:24 PM
AGARubberDuck
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts
Default 2011 turbo driver ventilated/heated seat not working

Hey guys, I have an intermittent problem with the driver's seat not working for heat or ventilation. I'd say 1 out of 5 times I start the car it will work, but usually not. Anyone seen this issue yet? Search came up empty.

Old 08-19-2018, 08:18 AM
Hams911
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts

I had a similar issue with mine but it was turning off due to the interior temp sensor thinking it was cool enough in the cabin that the vented seats would just shut off. Try turning the right drivers vent off. This worked for me and I had found a thread on this here but it took some time to find it! Good luck!
Old 08-19-2018, 09:22 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

I had that happen before with the seat heating function and in my case it turned out to be that the internal/inside temp sensor was disconnected. During a service to install a new instrument cluster they forgot to reconnect it.

So I’d suggest looking at the function of your internal/cabin temp sensor located on the dash (it’s that little black dot to the lower right of the steering column area).
Old 08-19-2018, 12:22 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 763 Posts

Hopefully, it is just the temperature sensor - but... I sort of doubt it since it isn't working on heat or cooling (and it's entirely possible to turn seat heating on when the cabin temperature is > 80F - DAMHIK..) This is a case of iCarScan or Durametric - see if there are any codes stored in the controller, and read out what the interior temp sensor thinks the temperature is. There are also control functions on the iCarScan that would let you turn on the heat/cooling via the iCarScan app.
Old 08-22-2018, 03:28 AM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In addition to the interior temp sensor in the dash there is also a temp sensor built into the cushion (yes seriously) that can fail and if it does the car will disable the heating and cooling functions. A quick scan of the seat control unit would reveal the fault. If thats your issue, unfortunately it will need a new cushion.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:09 PM
Bjar H
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne Seat Heated Not working

Originally Posted by AGARubberDuck
Hey guys, I have an intermittent problem with the driver's seat not working for heat or ventilation. I'd say 1 out of 5 times I start the car it will work, but usually not. Anyone seen this issue yet? Search came up empty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ujYanVSiyU
see this video should solve your problem.

hi mate got same problem, it was solved by connecting Interior Temperature Sensor, wicht was forgetting to install it after Tacho Cluster replacement. See video.

Old 05-03-2022, 06:12 PM
mengf
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

@AGARubberDuck Hi, did you solve the problem? My driver seat heat and vent doesn’t work. Passenger seat andsteering wheel heating works fine

Last edited by lml999; 05-03-2022 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-03-2022, 07:13 PM
Bjar H
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mengf
Hi, did you solve the problem? My driver seat heat and vent doesn’t work. Passenger seat andsteering wheel heating works fine
hi there. It seams like you have cable issues in that seat. I recommend to test the seat heater by Autel ( fuction Live Test) turen heater ON by diag and see what happened, but it looks like you have cable problems in the that seat(temperature sensor in the seat).
Old 05-05-2022, 03:21 PM
AGARubberDuck
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mengf
@AGARubberDuck Hi, did you solve the problem? My driver seat heat and vent doesn’t work. Passenger seat andsteering wheel heating works fine
It was diagnosed to be a break in the driver's seat heating element. Unfortunately the 'fix' was to replace the entire seat, which was a no-go for me. I'm sure just the heating element could have been replaced or repaired, but I ended up selling the vehicle before getting it fixed.
Old 05-05-2022, 06:41 PM
afriedrich
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Reg. a break in the heating element in the seat, they can replace only the heating element and seat foam.
Inkl. work & parts, this did cost me around 350€ (8-way seats, no ventilation however) with a new leather lower seat cover at Porsche Lisbon, Portugal, two years ago. Quite a reasonable price compared to Germany or the US...

Quick Reply: 2011 turbo driver ventilated/heated seat not working