Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

958.2 Turbo PSE

Old 06-13-2018, 03:14 PM
clubrcr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default 958.2 Turbo PSE

Does anyone have a 958.2 Turbo with OEM sport exhaust? I was curious about the sound difference. I really love my 2016 CTT, but disappointed with how quiet it is. I had a AMG SUV that had sport exhaust and really made me feel that it was more aggressive. Yes, I could add the aftermarket exhaust or do the secondary cat bypass, but I don't want it to be too loud have the drone, or fight with the dealer about the warranty, so I am not looking for a debate on which is better.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:14 PM
aof
User

Originally Posted by clubrcr View Post
Does anyone have a 958.2 Turbo with OEM sport exhaust? I was curious about the sound difference. I really love my 2016 CTT, but disappointed with how quiet it is. I had a AMG SUV that had sport exhaust and really made me feel that it was more aggressive. Yes, I could add the aftermarket exhaust or do the secondary cat bypass, but I don't want it to be too loud have the drone, or fight with the dealer about the warranty, so I am not looking for a debate on which is better.
funny, I have exactly the same question as you posed. I too have the 2016 turbo with standard exhausts and want a bit more....I once tried supercups on my 993 and quickly swapped them out, so I'm a little wary of massive changes.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:17 PM
RAudi Driver
Addict
Rennlist Member

The greatest thing about my turbo is to be able to pull away from 90% of the cars on the road....... in silence.

did the exhaust on the turbo and quickly removed as it took all the luxury out of the vehicle.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:41 PM
clubrcr
Addict
Rennlist Member

I know it is more expensive, but I ordered the PSE for my turbo yesterday and will have the dealership install it next week, I am quite excited about having the ability to push a button and have a more aggressive sound, and leave it off when I don't.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:53 PM
RAudi Driver
Addict
Rennlist Member

Can Ya pm me the price of something like that. Just curious.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:48 PM
aof
User

I know it is more expensive, but I ordered the PSE for my turbo yesterday and will have the dealership install it next week, I am quite excited about having the ability to push a button and have a more aggressive sound, and leave it off when I don't.
can you PM me the cost? thanks!
Old 06-14-2018, 08:52 PM
marinerbc
Addict
Rennlist Member

It is the best exhaust sound from a CTT that I came across, just the right node for my taste , love it with the Sport+ mode on, pull fast and let go of the gas paddle ....
if you can go for the OEM I know I would have in a heart beat.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:05 PM
clubrcr
Addict
Rennlist Member

I am getting the CTT done next week. Once I get the final bill I will let you guys know. That way, I can tell you if it was worth the money.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:36 PM
fatmatt0116
User

Yes please do. If you don't mind a video with sound would be much appreciated. I am curious about this myself. I chopped the cats and that definitely helped but am very curious about this. Is there some kind of vacuum activated feature that actuates a valve to modulate sound? Is this is the exhaust:
https://www.sonnenporscheoemparts.co...bC12OC1nYXM%3D
Old 06-14-2018, 10:40 PM
clubrcr
Addict
Rennlist Member

The one that I ordered is with the sport exhaust button, which was extra. I am sure this is the same one

https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...G2EXHAUST.html
Old 06-15-2018, 09:15 PM
RED HORSE
Addict
Rennlist Member

My 2018 came with factory installed sport exhaust. I love it. My wife tolerates it. First action after starting is to depress the Sport button which activates the PSE, changes the suspension, and changes the shift points.

I previously had an Audi S8 and there was little difference in the exhaust between normal and sport. Not the case in my Cayenne. A very noticeable change.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:15 PM
deilenberger
Rennlist Member

PSE puzzled me for a moment - my mind kept thinking of other uses for that abbreviation besides Porsche Sport Exhaust.. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pse (definitely R rated..)
Old 06-15-2018, 10:18 PM
clubrcr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by deilenberger View Post
PSE puzzled me for a moment - my mind kept thinking of other uses for that abbreviation besides Porsche Sport Exhaust.. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pse (definitely R rated..)
I hope it will be like that "urban dictionary" definition for me when i get it installed. LOL
Old 06-15-2018, 10:38 PM
CarreraCup03
User

Hey Jim,

I just happen to see this ... even though I have a 2014 CS these days, and well I guess this convo doesn't really apply.

I hope all is well with you! I haven't seen #3 in a few years, but I am sure she is as nice as ever. I still think about her from time to time

Andy

Last edited by CarreraCup03; 06-15-2018 at 11:07 PM.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:49 PM
clubrcr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarreraCup03 View Post
Hey Jim,

I just happen to see this ... even though I have a 2014 S these days, and well I guess this convo doesn't really apply.

I hope all is well with you! I haven't seen #3 in a few years, but I am sure she is as nice as ever. I still think about her from time to time

Andy
Hey Andy, I hope all is well, I certainly miss her. Out of the cars I owned, I think that Carrera Cup was the best. Alwin Springer told me years ago, "you never really own a Porsche, your just borrow it for a period of time". I think he was talking about race cars, but it certainly is true.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 958.2 Turbo PSE

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: