Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Picked up my 2011 Cayenne Turbo last week and already put on 3K miles on her

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 03:45 PM
SPDST3R
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up my 2011 Cayenne Turbo last week and already put on 3K miles on her

Hey guys, first of thanks for helping out in purchasing my 2011 CTT. I picked it up from Malibu a week ago today. It had 33K miles when I got it and in excellent condition overall with complete dealer only service records. It has PDCC, PTV+, Burmester, Sport Package, Rearview Camera, LCA, Stainless Skid Plate etc. I drove it home for 400 miles (with a big grin on my face) and showed my wife her new ride. This beast is impressive!!! I got a 911 S and although it doesn't drive the same, but it's pretty damn close. The exceptional handling, the power, the stability, the body roll... oh wait, what body roll

The next day, we took it to BC, Canada for a long drive with the kids and basically drove it to many canyons and long highways for a week. 3,000 miles later, we're finally back home. I'm really happy with this car but it's not perfect of course. After driving that many miles, I wish this car have the following options:

- Four-zone Climate Control in the back (kids were looking for it)
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Better armrest (I would love to have it extended forward)
- Cooled Seat
- Trailer Hitch
- Roof Rack

FWIW, before the trip, I replaced all four tires with Continental ExtremeContact DWS since this will be primarily be used for commuting anyway and occasional trip to Tahoe. The tires are great and not noisy. On a different note, one thing that annoys me with this car is the hissing sound coming from the driver's door or window. I couldn't figure out what it is. Anyway, I hope to enjoy many thousand more miles on this vehicle!

Old 06-07-2018, 04:26 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

CTT looks great. That was definitely some quality time with the new rig. Compared to my Carrera S, I enjoy the power and the comfort. But it does have some serious body roll comparatively! Great vehicle for mountain touring. Turbos do well in altitude.
Old 06-07-2018, 04:44 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 763 Posts

Unless your armrest is different from the standard one - it slides forward. Reach under it and press on the catch but don't pull up - pull the armrest forward. It covers the cupholders. IIRC - there is a technical service bulletin about the 'hiss' from the driver's door. Has something to do with the mirror.. forget what. It's fixable if you can find a dealer service department with the brains to pull up the TSB.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:44 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,916 Likes on 1,728 Posts

Also, are you sure you don't have the heated wheel. There is a button on the back of the steering wheel at the 6:00 position. It's a tiny square button.

Oh, congrats on the beautiful ride.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:09 PM
SPDST3R
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tip on the armrest. I went back to my car and figured out how to do it, lol. Also checked the button on the steering wheel and there's none. I'll try to call up the dealer and see if they can fix the hissing noise.

Quick Reply: Picked up my 2011 Cayenne Turbo last week and already put on 3K miles on her