Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Hazards continually flash after locking?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 10:35 AM
g8tor20
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Hazards continually flash after locking?

Hey guys and gals,

So yesterday my car started flashing the hazards about 20 seconds after locking the car. I don't know how long it goes but after a few minutes, I press the unlock button and it stops. But then the car re-arms after a few minutes and it starts again.

I have looked through a bunch of Porsche posts (not even specific to 958) and some actually have said it's the cars way of saying the electrical charge is low and may need a new battery. I fail to see how that would ever be engineered into the car. Plus, voltage has been normal as it's always been.

Some other posts say it may be a fault in the alarm module and it needs to be replaced. I don't have a real diagnostic tool but do have Blue Driver. I scanned the car and I get no codes.

Has anyone else had (or read about) a problem like this?

If I can't figure this out, I'll drop it off at the dealer this weekend..but figured I'd check here first.

TIA!

Jason

Last edited by g8tor20; 05-24-2018 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:37 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 109 Posts

Year?

Batteries degrade over time, some folks get longer life out of them than others, but 3-5 years is not an unusual frequency for changing them.

One quick check would be to put a battery charger on it when you park it and see if the situation changes. If so then it'd seem like a battery replacement is in order.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:20 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Just updating for those who have this issue in the future.

Took her into the dealer and evidently the issue was a faulty (non working) alarm horn. They replaced it a few weeks ago and all seems to be back to normal.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:12 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by g8tor20
Just updating for those who have this issue in the future.

Took her into the dealer and evidently the issue was a faulty (non working) alarm horn. They replaced it a few weeks ago and all seems to be back to normal.
Thanks for updating the thread! It's good when a thread has a "solution" to a problem.
The following users liked this post:
Kev Stenning (08-08-2023)

Quick Reply: Hazards continually flash after locking?