Sponsored By:

What Should I Ask?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 02:04 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 163 Posts
Default What Should I Ask?

My Porsche Cayenne Diesel is a 2015 with 24,800 miles. I am thinking about selling it. The vehicle is certified pre-owned, and the CPO warranty expires in August of 2021 or 100,000 miles, ans the diesel warranty expires n August of 2025. It has a clean Carfax, and is Rhodium Silver with a black interior. It has been dealer maintained, and the maintenance is up to date. The tires have plenty of miles left on them. The CD has heated and ventilated seats, power 14 way seats, Porsche entry and drive, Bose package with satellite hi def radio, premium package, etc. It has 18 inch Cayenne S wheels, and the tires are in excellent condition with a lot of miles left on them.
The vehicle is in fantastic condition. I have clear bra on the front (completely covered from bumper, one third of hood, and angled quarter of quarter panels), the leather is in like new condition (no cracks, no shiny), and the paint has been hand waxed with Zymol Carbon.

I am trying to figure out what it should bring, and the best way to market it. I am a photographer, so I can take bice images....I need to know where to market it.
Thanks for all input.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:06 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

I did search multiple dealer sites today that had a lot of diesels for sale not too long ago, and no they have none. This may be a good time to sell a CPO. Everything I have read tells me that the CPO follows the car, so it will go to the next owner.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:10 PM
Trio
Rennlist Member

Received 294 Likes on 177 Posts

So what happened? you just bought it last month.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:17 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Trio
So what happened? you just bought it last month.
Yeah, I’m just kind of curious as well? With the following post on the 9th of April you seemed pretty ramped up about your new acquisition!

“I am excited to own a diesel. I bought a silver and black 2015 CPO with 23,000 on it. I don't love the black interior, but a lot of people must, because so many ave black interiors. That aside, it just occurred to me....will parts be available for a long time? What if I kept it for ten years?”
Old 05-05-2018, 11:15 PM
porscheconvert
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I paid 48 for mine few months ago with similar warranty, mileage, and same year.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:17 AM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

It's a beautiful car, rides beautifully. I really wanted a luxor or luxor/black interior, but tried to convince myself that I would be happy with a black interior. I've had two prior cars that are silver and black. However, I really don't like the black interior, and I believe I'll be happier with the color I want. I love the silver, but I am driving on the inside of the car. So, I have decided I am flexible on the exterior color, but I would really like to have the interior color I want. I learned a good lesson...be patient and wait until you find what you want. I'll even take black or white exterior with Luxor. I did see a dark blue with Luxor that looked good. Never have seen the dark blue before. My biggest concern is that I do have CPO, and in order to get another CPO car without being too much out of pocket, I will have to retail mine before buying another. Hence why I am looking at selling.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:31 PM
JAGMAN1
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Does CPO transfer through a private sale?
Old 05-06-2018, 03:54 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by mafpolo
It's a beautiful car, rides beautifully. I really wanted a luxor or luxor/black interior, but tried to convince myself that I would be happy with a black interior. I've had two prior cars that are silver and black. However, I really don't like the black interior, and I believe I'll be happier with the color I want. I love the silver, but I am driving on the inside of the car. So, I have decided I am flexible on the exterior color, but I would really like to have the interior color I want. I learned a good lesson...be patient and wait until you find what you want. I'll even take black or white exterior with Luxor. I did see a dark blue with Luxor that looked good. Never have seen the dark blue before. My biggest concern is that I do have CPO, and in order to get another CPO car without being too much out of pocket, I will have to retail mine before buying another. Hence why I am looking at selling.
I can certainly understand that. I too went for luxor beige when I got my 958 CTT. I didn’t want the common all-black interior either. My 957 CTT had the chestnut brown/black combo interior. I really liked that as well. Good luck with your quest.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:33 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,144 Likes on 759 Posts

CPO will transfer in a private-party to private-party sale. It will also transfer in a Porsche-dealership to Private Party sale (for one that had been previously CPO'd for a prior owner.) In any other sale - the CPO ends.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:30 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Deilenberger is correct. CPO follows the car if sold to an individual. Hence my desire to retail it. Then i would be on to find a luxor interior. I would even be willing to go back to a low mileage 2014 for the right color. It would be nice of they offered metallic black on the CD. Has anybody seen the dark blue Cayenne. I have only seen pictures, but never the vehicle itself.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:37 PM
porscheconvert
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe list at 46 and see what kind of traffic you get....
Old 05-07-2018, 05:58 AM
AndrewWK
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Both of mine are dark blue, so I'm a bit biased, but it's a great color. One with Luxor Beige (my daily) and the other Umber/Light Tartufo. I can definitely relate to not wanting a black interior, especially in summer.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:03 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Funny. My 2014 was Carmine Red on Luxor.

Loved the Carmine... HATED the Luxor! Wound up trading it for a silver on black 2015. Every time I had a service loaner, it had black interior, and I just felt, "ahhhhhhh" every time I got in.

I can understand deciding you really don't like the interior color - it's what YOU see every time you drive it!
Old 05-07-2018, 04:24 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

May I suggest a third option? Find a consignment dealer. These dealer have more data (such as auction data) that will give you a better informed view. So, long as you and the new buyer sign sale and transfer documents, that should be ok with CPO (because technically, I believe, the dealer is your agent collecting a fee for a sale).
Old 05-11-2018, 09:45 AM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

I may just keep what I have. Every dealer I have called with a CD on their site that has a luxor or luxor/black interior "sorry, already sold." A salesman I talked to yesterday said the diesels are disappearing, and soon I will have to wait until somebody trades one in. His take was that the majority of future diesel trade ins will be high mileage vehicles. He told me he bought one himself (black on black). I have no idea if he is right. I like the CD, and I might learn to like the black leather. It is interesting when I shop on line the spectrum of pricing for 2015 Cayenne diesels.....makes no sense.

Quick Reply: What Should I Ask?