Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 09:50 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,171 Likes on 3,935 Posts

Shane,

Looking good!

For anyone interested in going to the wider intake pipe, my OEM turbo S Y-pipe (like in Shane's photo) is listed for sale in my leftover parts thread. You can tell the Turbo S one from the regular turbo one as it's that volcano grey color instead of black.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:45 PM
sjt0017
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

@marinerbc - I never saw the benefit of going 3" on only one middle section of the whole exhaust. If you do it, you might as well go 3" all the way. Another alternative, Milltek has a 70mm (2.76") kit that has the full cat bypass-to-tip setup and has been super cheap online lately, both resonated and non-resonated.

@CK.GTS - I BADLY wanted White/Luxor, but was open on color as long as it wasn't Black/Black or Red/Anything. The most important thing for me were the options; tow package, ventilated seats for the TX weather, and really wanted a Turbo with the sport design kit - was hoping for a pano roof but didn't need it. The color has grown on me, it has much more depth than most other P colors!

@the head - I am not sure if anybody has dyno charts for just the intake & y-pipe upgrade. The E81 powerkit is good for 40hp, and the 2013+ Turbo S was given 50hp over the regular Turbo. I'm sure the hp gained will be somewhat minimal, but I'm sure when I get an updated tune, it could smooth out my power curve.

Last edited by sjt0017; 03-26-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:01 PM
sjt0017
Rennlist Member

Welp, looks like I can't stop playing with this thing.

I have 2.5" Hanks secondaries and fabspeed axleback exhaust that will be for sale super cheap soon, I just bought the full Milltek 2.76" setup. I already installed the Forge recirc valves when I did the oil change, but have yet to install the Turbo S intake - I'll probably get it all done in one fell swoop in a couple of weeks, will report back as to my initial thoughts on all my upgrades when everything is installed.

Be on the lookout for the Hanks bypass pipes and fabspeed (without tips or with OEM tips) soon, or DM me!
Old 11-16-2018, 06:13 PM
marinerbc
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default I am willing but my mind is not

Originally Posted by sjt0017
Welp, looks like I can't stop playing with this thing.

I have 2.5" Hanks secondaries and fabspeed axleback exhaust that will be for sale super cheap soon, I just bought the full Milltek 2.76" setup. I already installed the Forge recirc valves when I did the oil change, but have yet to install the Turbo S intake - I'll probably get it all done in one fell swoop in a couple of weeks, will report back as to my initial thoughts on all my upgrades when everything is installed.

Be on the lookout for the Hanks bypass pipes and fabspeed (without tips or with OEM tips) soon, or DM me!

thanks for the update , I can take the 2.5” secondary pipes , curious to see it with the PSE.
till moving to the Akrapovic pipes though .
Old 12-18-2018, 10:48 PM
sjt0017
Rennlist Member

So, a bit of bad news here. The CTT was totaled out last week. Besides some shoulder soreness and tender muscles from bracing for impact, I am ok.
In the midst of living in a new construction neighborhood, I got a screw in my tire. Had the tire plugged, and asked for 40psi. I get to driving and didn't notice anything funny, but later in the same commute I toggled through my dash settings and saw he had put 52psi in that tire (the rest at 38). Fast forward to later that night on my way home; light rain but flash flood warning coming later, I got cut off at my exit. I TAPPED the brakes and hydroplaned, tried to let go of the brakes and correct my steering, but it was too late. Hit the highway wall going about 50-60mph.

I convinced the adjuster to let me go to the auction yard and grab the Fabspeed exhaust and HHR pipes off of her. I will be posting them on the parts marketplace tonight, so look out for them.

Anybody have a White CTT they want to sell?!?! I am actively on the market!
Old 12-18-2018, 10:56 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sjt0017
So, a bit of bad news here. The CTT was totaled out last week. Besides some shoulder soreness and tender muscles from bracing for impact, I am ok.
In the midst of living in a new construction neighborhood, I got a screw in my tire. Had the tire plugged, and asked for 40psi. I get to driving and didn't notice anything funny, but later in the same commute I toggled through my dash settings and saw he had put 52psi in that tire (the rest at 38). Fast forward to later that night on my way home; light rain but flash flood warning coming later, I got cut off at my exit. I TAPPED the brakes and hydroplaned, tried to let go of the brakes and correct my steering, but it was too late. Hit the highway wall going about 50-60mph.

I convinced the adjuster to let me go to the auction yard and grab the Fabspeed exhaust and HHR pipes off of her. I will be posting them on the parts marketplace tonight, so look out for them.

Anybody have a White CTT they want to sell?!?! I am actively on the market!
Oh man, that's terrible, but glad to hear you weren't seriously injured. I'm assuming an overinflation condition does not trip a TPMS error like an underinflation condition does? That seems like a flaw in the system if not.
Looking forward to seeing your new ride once you get one put together.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:17 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 563 Likes on 430 Posts

The stock pressure at full load is 49psi cold, so 52 isn't unreasonable!

OP, sorry to hear.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:23 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by garrett376
The stock pressure at full load is 49psi cold, so 52 isn't unreasonable!

OP, sorry to hear.
It is is the other side, or the other 3 are set to 40 psi. You would think the car would throw a warning code about a 12 psi differential that's greater than 20%
Old 12-18-2018, 11:38 PM
sjt0017
Rennlist Member

@garrett376 It's not the tire pressure itself, but the disparity from the one right rear wheel at 52psi and the rest of them at 38psi that I immediately thought of after the wreck. Heck I don't know. I mean I really, really just tapped the brakes! I have never lost control of either my '06 CTT, or this 13 CTT regardless of weather or driving conditions.

I do need a shop truck so naturally I was looking at pickups, but thought back to that wreck and I would've no doubt flipped or went over the wall into the other side of the highway in a truck. I haven't been in many accidents (this is my 2nd in 18+ years of driving), but I have never felt as safe as I was in a Cayenne walking away from that wreck.

Changed my mind on posting the exhaust tonight:
For the life of me I wasn't able to reach/extract the bolts for the Fabspeed link pipes because of how the forklift driver had his forks, so I am going to order another set and get all new hardware to include as an all-in-one purchase for someone else's exhaust adventures.

Stay safe out there!

Old 12-18-2018, 11:41 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 563 Likes on 430 Posts

Wow, thank goodness for the crash safety of these vehicles. Scary pics.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:00 AM
sjt0017
Rennlist Member

I was shocked to not even feel disoriented immediately after. I did however get nauseous smelling the airbags today when I went to remove the exhaust!

Question. (Dwight voice)
Looking at another '13 CTT now - pretty simple options but it's a 1 owner and the build sheet has most of my personal necessities (sans tow package, but I digress).
It's had hail damage. most of it was paintless but some of the repair required paint. The work was done at the P dealer, and the owner supplied the whole digital copy of the dealer maintenance, and also records showing that the P dealer repaired the hail damage.

Should I worry at all, or just try to squeeze a few extra bucks out of the purchase price?
For context, it's Meteor Grey Metallic.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:42 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,371 Likes on 794 Posts

wait, it caught fire?
Old 12-19-2018, 01:08 PM
sjt0017
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
wait, it caught fire?
Yep, not until after I was out of the vehicle. I hit the wall at more than a 45 degree angle, but not quite head on.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:46 AM
onehot
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice build overall. Sorry about the news, at least you were not injured. Cars can be replaced, come back stronger than ever!
Old 12-20-2018, 11:54 AM
TXCOMT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, OP, sorry about your loss but glad you're OK...quick question: did you have N-spec tires on that thing? I ask only out of sheer curiosity; I happened to peruse a flatsixes.com piece on N tires and one of the conditions those tires are subjected to is hydroplaning (like any type of tire, I'm sure). In your case, it may not have made any difference, but I had to ask.

TXCOMT

Quick Reply: New-ish 2013 CTT owner - build thread