Sponsored By:

Turbo Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 11:53 PM
MayorMcCheese
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Turbo Intake Manifold

Im interested in possibly swapping my intake manifold for possibly a turbo manifold with its attached throttle body. Ive done some searching and gathered some info but couple things I havent come across was comparison specs for each of these that I can understand or if anyones attempted this and succeeded in progress hp?

Id like to turbo this Cayenne down the road if possible but its not something I would do now. Mitsubishi turbos TD04HL4A-18T-11.0
Old 03-24-2018, 02:32 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 763 Posts

That's a rather huge undertaking.. since the turbo engine is considerably different from the NA engine. Different timing, camshafts, pistons, compression ratio, all manifolds, all the plumbing, manifold pressure sensing ($550 just for the sensor) vs MAF's.. plus you'd need a custom tuned DME. I'm not certain there is an actual difference between the NA manifold and the turbo one, and I'm almost certain they both use the same throttle body (which is shared with a bunch of different Porsche models..) There may also be a difference in the transfer cases (chain width).. but not certain which models get which case.

Have you ever done anything like this before? If so - please document this project for us. Not saying it can't be done - given enough money almost anything can be done, but I suspect it would cost much more to do it yourself than to buy a comparable turbo.

If it was me and I wanted a turbo - I'd buy one made by the factory.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:01 AM
Elberoth
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

It would be cheaper to buy an used turbo engine and selling of yours.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:22 PM
MayorMcCheese
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Im glad I asked though I did reach out a company that did my turbo upgrade on one of my previous cars about a exhaust mounted turbo but they are still gathering information.

This was never anything more then just a thought of doing it, once I hear back from the company ill update this but I doubt it will be anything worth mentioning.

Quick Reply: Turbo Intake Manifold