Sponsored By:

Nav questions, '15 CD

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 06:58 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 515 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Nav questions, '15 CD

Having some issues when trying to input addresses into the Navi. For instance, I'll start typing out the street name and it'll show up, but have E, W, N, S. Nope, that's not part of the street. Or the street won't show up at all (not a new neighborhood), or it won't let me put in "St", only have "Ave" etc. Or it won't let me put in the town name, it'll jump to some other town entirely.

So I end up just using the nav on my phone via BT instead.

So, what am I doing wrong?
Old 03-18-2018, 05:40 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 763 Posts

It takes a bit of learning to adapt to the PCM's navigation. I found when searching for something like NJ Route 33 - I got the best results by simply putting "33" in the search field. Ditto on any street with N, S, W, E as part of the address - just put the street name in and see what the search function returns.

So far - I'd guess I have about 99% success finding addresses on the PCM.. but it can get confusing when something like Google maps gives the address in one town, and the PCM has it in another - but it's the same address. The PCM seems to go by postal addresses (ie - my address can be found by searching in the adjoining town - Spring Lake - instead of where it really is - Spring Lake Heights), Google maps and such go by geographic location.

Quick Reply: Nav questions, '15 CD