Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2011 turbo brakes and rotors for $2,100?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 11:40 AM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by 22Diesel
I just completed my front rotors and pads, but have a question due to something my mechanic told me. He mentioned that the rear will be really difficult to complete without causing damage due to the electronic parking break. Does anyone have any input for me before I dive in to the rear brake job?
No issues with the parking brake when I did the rear brakes & rotors.. They came right off at 92k miles as easily as the fronts did. Obviously don't have the parking brake engaged when you start
Old 10-22-2020, 04:15 PM
TV911
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Rock Auto has 390 mm rotors from Centric...
$328.99 - CENTRIC 12537081 - High Carbon Alloy - Front Right; 390mm Iron Front Discs - PORSCHE CAYENNE 2011-2018
$332.79 - CENTRIC 12537082 High Carbon Alloy Front Left; 390mm Iron Front Discs - PORSCHE CAYENNE 2011-2018
High Carbon Alloy Centric High Carbon Alloy Rotors contain an advanced metallurgy that greatly reduces the possibility of pad squeal, especially with higher friction, European style brake pad compounds. Proprietary Molybdenum and Chromium alloys resist rotor cracking during high performance use or repeat stop situations. This alloy also increases the friction couple improving brake performance and stopping power. Increased Chromium and Carbon content is also more resistant to oxidation.
  • Symmetric vane castings enable proper heat transfer and thermal efficiency, resulting in superior braking power
  • Black E-Coat anti-corrosive coating protects the cooling vanes and mounting surfaces from rusting prematurely
  • Double disc ground friction surface finish virtually eliminates run out and any disc thickness variation issues
  • Mill Balancing reduces rotor vibration and ensures smooth operation at all speeds
  • Non-directional finish for improved rotor and pad break-in
and...
$97.79 - CENTRIC 12537044 High Carbon Alloy - Rear; 390mm Iron Front Discs - AUDI Q7 2007-2015 PORSCHE CAYENNE 2005-2018 VOLKSWAGEN TOUAREG 2008-2009
High Carbon Alloy Centric High Carbon Alloy Rotors contain an advanced metallurgy that greatly reduces the possibility of pad squeal, especially with higher friction, European style brake pad compounds. Proprietary Molybdenum and Chromium alloys resist rotor cracking during high performance use or repeat stop situations. This alloy also increases the friction couple improving brake performance and stopping power. Increased Chromium and Carbon content is also more resistant to oxidation.
  • Symmetric vane castings enable proper heat transfer and thermal efficiency, resulting in superior braking power
  • Black E-Coat anti-corrosive coating protects the cooling vanes and mounting surfaces from rusting prematurely
  • Double disc ground friction surface finish virtually eliminates run out and any disc thickness variation issues
  • Mill Balancing reduces rotor vibration and ensures smooth operation at all speeds
  • Non-directional finish for improved rotor and pad break-in
The last part is confusing... an identical description at less than 1/3 the price, but the pictures show additional holes (probably to fit the Audi Q7 and VW Toureg), and a black surface vs. metal. Also it's described as Rear; Front Discs... ?
Old 10-26-2020, 09:07 PM
Blaine Sellie
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

FCPEuro has the 390mm front rotors for $289. Just adding an additional source.

Porsche Brake Disc - VNE 95835140350

Cayenne

390mm

Quick Reply: 2011 turbo brakes and rotors for $2,100?