Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Seat memory not working on driver side door

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 09:24 AM
Nordschleifers
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts

Yet another grateful forum member here Thanks guys!
Old 03-07-2021, 04:48 PM
Kent Kraus
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seat memory not working

Worked for me ,too. anyone else that ma encounter this issue, the problem was solved

I stopped by the dealer on the way home today and told the SA what my issue was. I stated that the mirrors responded to the preset buttons, the seat controls actually work, but the Set light does not illuminate, and the seat doesn't move when you press the preset buttons.

He said that it wouldn't need to be put in service. He said that maybe something kept it from moving in one direction and to save the motor, it goes into a failsafe mode. He had to just move the seat around to all its positions and it reset itself. $0 and I'm out the door.[/QUOTE]
The following users liked this post:
deilenberger (03-09-2021)
Old 12-28-2021, 10:59 PM
gonzoe11
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

I kniw this thread is old but thanks to alll of you who have posted here before. THIS Worked!
i picked up my 2012 CTT today and I spent hours trying to figure out how to get the memory to set.
i was convinced I already had an electrical gremlin. Anyway, I moved the driver seat to each extreme
and the Set button lit up right after to allow me to save my setting.
Old 12-29-2021, 11:56 AM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 172 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzoe11
I kniw this thread is old but thanks to alll of you who have posted here before. THIS Worked!
i picked up my 2012 CTT today and I spent hours trying to figure out how to get the memory to set.
i was convinced I already had an electrical gremlin. Anyway, I moved the driver seat to each extreme
and the Set button lit up right after to allow me to save my setting.
Nice. Glad to hear still works like a charm
gonzoe11 (12-29-2021)
Old 02-23-2022, 12:17 PM
mickirockss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THANK YOU

Originally Posted by susiegio
Thank you so much for this information! I took my car to the car wash and when i got back into my car, the drivers seat was in the lowest and farthest position so they could clean under my seat. I lost the ability to use my programmed seat setting to get my seat back into place and have had to operate it manually every time my husband drives my car. After reading your comment, while the car was running, I pulled the seat all the way forward and back, and then up and down. Viola! My programmable seat setting started working again. Thank you so much for saving me a trip to the dealer!
Aamzing this worked perfectly. I love the internet! 😂😂😂👏
Old 02-28-2022, 08:44 PM
memassey
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Worked for me, too. Thanks!
Old 05-22-2022, 08:32 PM
Jimmy_71
1st Gear

Originally Posted by KWP1911
For anyone else that may encounter this issue, the problem was solved.

I stopped by the dealer on the way home today and told the SA what my issue was. I stated that the mirrors responded to the preset buttons, the seat controls actually work, but the Set light does not illuminate, and the seat doesn't move when you press the preset buttons.

He said that it wouldn't need to be put in service. He said that maybe something kept it from moving in one direction and to save the motor, it goes into a failsafe mode. He had to just move the seat around to all its positions and it reset itself. $0 and I'm out the door.

Big thank you from Singapore! I had the same issue after I send my car for detailing. I started the engine and moved the seat all the way to and front and back to have the button working again.
Old 08-27-2022, 11:29 AM
kvec
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Had the same issue. SET no longer worked and if you hit the preset buttons the seat wouldn't move, even though the rest of the settings would take.

iCarScan showed an implausible Lumbar Support signal, so I cycled both the seat bottom lever and the circular lumbar support rocker.

Problem resolved. This should be in some sort of general Porsche FAQ!
Old 09-30-2022, 12:33 PM
wulffza
Rennlist Member

He had to just move the seat around to all its positions and it reset itself. $0 and I'm out the door.
Just fixed with this on mine, Thanks!
Old 10-30-2022, 08:56 PM
Big_Tex
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What ever did we do before useful forums? Thanks all, saved me a hassle with my new 2016 S.
Old 10-31-2022, 01:43 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 573 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Big_Tex
What ever did we do before useful forums? Thanks all, saved me a hassle with my new 2016 S.
We had manual seats!!

Now we need technology to support technology.
The following 2 users liked this post by garrett376:
Big_Tex (10-31-2022), cwc1jz (11-29-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 09:18 AM
Barry UK
1st Gear

Default Thank you!

this worked for me! Thank you so much for sharing 😊

He said that it wouldn't need to be put in service. He said that maybe something kept it from moving in one direction and to save the motor, it goes into a failsafe mode. He had to just move the seat around to all its positions and it reset itself. $0 and I'm out the door.
Old 01-02-2023, 05:00 PM
ambitin
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 41 Posts
Talking Worked for 2016 Cayenne S as well

Same thing worked for me with my 2016 Cayenne S (which stopped working after a thorough detailing session had me moving the seat all around while the ignition was off).

1) start car
2) move driver seat all the way forward
3) move driver seat all the way backward
4) raise driver seat to the highest position
5) lower driver seat to the lowest position

The set button resumed working immediately and everything is good now!

Thanks all who posted about this and bumped the thread from time-to-time.
Old 01-07-2023, 07:18 PM
usmm1234
Rennlist Member

I love Rennlist! Another fixed Porsche.
ambitin (01-07-2023)
Old 01-24-2023, 02:02 PM
Asherr
1st Gear

Just a bump to say thanks so much for this!! I had the same issue and was glumly thinking about having to take my baby to the Porsche dealer, but this fix saved me the time and effort! Thanks so much, you peeps on Rennlist are amazing!
ambitin (10-21-2023)

Quick Reply: Seat memory not working on driver side door