Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2018 | 10:37 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Common attitude. Want to sell high and buy low. Just like everyone on here, with houses, their own cars, etc, etc.

Mark, I didn't notice soft throttle response on my CD but that was comparing it to my old 955 CTTS, which started in 2nd gear and had a decent amount of turbo lag....
Old 01-10-2018 | 07:04 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by docwyte
Common attitude. Want to sell high and buy low. Just like everyone on here, with houses, their own cars, etc, etc.

Mark, I didn't notice soft throttle response on my CD but that was comparing it to my old 955 CTTS, which started in 2nd gear and had a decent amount of turbo lag....
Maybe the one I drove had an issue. I probably should have asked to drive another one.
Old 01-10-2018 | 10:56 PM
importtuner
Racer

After a few weeks observing, the "new" '16's with nice builds ($76k+ MSRP) and 6 yr warranty are the ones that are selling. The "new" not-so-great builds aren't moving. The CPO's are priced high, especially for its age, and not moving. I believe the dealers will eventually get realistic with the prices.
Old 01-11-2018 | 12:34 AM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

I bought the 2015 stripper (Prestige, leather, small sunroof, Bose, springs, no trailer hitch) CD on RennList from Diggs and it has exceeded my expectations. Got a great deal which was a good trade for both sides. I would not have paid more. He would not have taken less. I got rid of my BMW E28 M5 and have not looked back. I have put 10,000 miles on it with no complaints. This includes 2,000 miles my son put on it over Christmas, and a comparable number of miles my brother put on it over the Summer. Each of them would like one of their own. On the way to the airport, my son told me after Christmas, "Dad, I was wrong and I want you to know." "What?", I said. " I though I would hate this car and I love it, and I want to use it on my graduation road trip next summer, if I can." Sounds like a fun trip. Hope I can go.

Last edited by sclemmons; 01-11-2018 at 12:55 AM.
Old 01-11-2018 | 02:39 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Great comments from your son. One of my sons (age 26) had similar comments except no road trip. But he loved driving it too. Couldn't get over the torque, of course his DD is a 2002 Honda Accord v6, so there's the difference.

IMO the Cayenne diesels were the steal of the line when they came out. Unless you needed a big top end - like the CTT, the CD was (is) a super value and very hard to beat. Too bad we are most likely at the end (in the US). Who knows, maybe in 10-20 years they'll be like the air cooled 911's and just keep going up in price.
Old 01-11-2018 | 03:09 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stronbl
Great comments from your son. One of my sons (age 26) had similar comments except no road trip. But he loved driving it too. Couldn't get over the torque, of course his DD is a 2002 Honda Accord v6, so there's the difference.

IMO the Cayenne diesels were the steal of the line when they came out. Unless you needed a big top end - like the CTT, the CD was (is) a super value and very hard to beat. Too bad we are most likely at the end (in the US). Who knows, maybe in 10-20 years they'll be like the air cooled 911's and just keep going up in price.
This SUV just continues to impress me, drive after drive. As I've be relegated to a new VW Tig for my DD, the Mrs uses the CD during the week (911 is laid up until the weather warms). On weekends, we'll use the CD for transportation, and after 4 years it is still one of the best driving vehicles I've owned. From the seats, steering response, throttle response, high speed capability, Bose stereo, fuel economy and overall build quality, it remains a true favorite. It just looks, sounds and feels expensive (well. it is). My only complaints are the oil change intervals and I wish there was a bit more luggage capacity, but those are truly minor issues. It was the steal of the line and just blows the base Cayenne away.
Old 01-11-2018 | 04:48 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
It was the steal of the line and just blows the base Cayenne away.
In virtually every way!

When my '15 was in for the headlight fix, they gave me a base loaner; a '17. Because they had to order parts, it took just over a week to get the thing fixed, so I had a bunch of time with the base. I didn't like it very much. I did like the new PCM, but that's about it. Power was OK, but it seemed like the transmission was always searching for the right gear. I realize it's the same tranny as we have, so maybe it's just that the diesel has enough torque so that when you ask for power, it's there in pretty much any gear. After about 4 days, I really wanted my CD back!!

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne