Sponsored by:

Remotes Dead

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 01:23 AM
dytryn
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Remotes Dead

Just returned from 2 week vacation and used remote to unlock car this morning. Drove to and from work without issue. However, when I got home, the remote would not lock the doors. I changed the battery with same result. I also tried the spare key with same result.

Suggestions?.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:42 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,621 Likes on 4,209 Posts

Was the car on a battery maintainer for the 2 weeks you were gone? It might be that the car battery is low. I'd try a recharge of it and see if that doesn't resolve your issue. You might also try to physically lock and unlock the door with the blade of the key. Usually the cars will go to sleep and you might have to do this after an extended period of not driving it if you locked the doors when you left, so it's odd that the remote worked twice after the two weeks, but doesn't any longer. Seems odd that both would not work at the same time though, so something else is going on.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:38 PM
dytryn
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not on a tender, but it did drive fine yesterday. This morning I started the car, when into the settings and changed the locking options. I figured maybe the change would be transmitted to the key. When I got out, the remote worked to lock the doors. Very strange.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Quick Reply: Remotes Dead