Sponsored by:

ICarScan X431 Tool Available again.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2024, 01:15 AM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks for looking into it. Good info.

I have a 2022 cayenne and not sure mine would work on the newer models…. Haven’t had to even try yet. Oil change will determine if it’ll reset the interval and see what it can do.

$80 per make is expensive! that ads up. I do a lot for friends and families vehicles so the iCarScan worked great over the years. Had a ton of brands on it. Makes me so mad it just stopped working for me. Seems to be an app issue on the iPhone, maybe the newest iPhone update shut it down or something.

let us know how the one you ordered works out.
Old 08-06-2024, 12:29 PM
Corvetteboy6988
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Well, this NT710 is a bit of a dissapointment.

For one, im getting errors all the time with connecting to wifi and updating all the software. It showed me I have 8 updates, including the Porsche specific software, but cant download any othem. I have 21 devices in my home none of which have wifi issues so im convinced something is off with this unit. Some other random errors to, strange.
Second, there are a lot of functions I cant even run a quick scan on, its like they arent there in my vehicle, but obviously they are. DME, Tiptronic, about 5 or so diagnostic areas/modules are seen and can scan them, but some big ones are.
Foe example, Vehicle Electrical system, I get nothing, quick scan doesnt see it or check it, and I can data stream anything, check for codes, etc. Suspension/Leveling noting, towing nothing, and several others.
Now the Porsche specific software on it as of restarting it this morning is gone!

Sucks when you are trying to figure out your car issues, but also have to figure out the tool to help fix your cars, its own issues.

I reached out for support from Foxwell so getting a good read on their customer service right away, nothing back yet. but what I think Im gonna do is return this one to amazon and get a new one, cause there is something off with this one.
It was brand new, not opened or used from what I could tell either.
Who knows.

Last edited by Corvetteboy6988; 08-06-2024 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-06-2024, 01:09 PM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Wow.
that sounds like a dud for sure. Sorry.
my 520 has been great, but it is a simple interface and slow to use.
the iCarScan was nice because it used your phone.

let me know if/when you get it figured out. Good luck.
Old 08-06-2024, 01:41 PM
Corvetteboy6988
Racer

Well, hope it helps by sharing the pain, your experience with your X431 not working!

I just found out ECS tuning has a Foxwell i53BT, which from everything I can tell, is exactly the same as the NT710, but better, as it is BT with a dongle, no OBDii cord needed, and its the exact same price at $259 that matches the Amazon limited time special on the NT710.
Only difference other than the BT is case is a fabric one, not a hard plastic one. And I confirmed, you get the lifetime guarantee in case it tanks, which seems possible give the flakey NT710 I just got. Looks like a vendor specific model to ECS under the "Schwaben" name.
Ill compare it to the NT710 once I get it to confirm it has the same functionality, then send the NT710 back to Amazon for a refund.
Old 08-06-2024, 11:35 PM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Corvetteboy6988
Well, hope it helps by sharing the pain, your experience with your X431 not working!

I just found out ECS tuning has a Foxwell i53BT, which from everything I can tell, is exactly the same as the NT710, but better, as it is BT with a dongle, no OBDii cord needed, and its the exact same price at $259 that matches the Amazon limited time special on the NT710.
Only difference other than the BT is case is a fabric one, not a hard plastic one. And I confirmed, you get the lifetime guarantee in case it tanks, which seems possible give the flakey NT710 I just got. Looks like a vendor specific model to ECS under the "Schwaben" name.
Ill compare it to the NT710 once I get it to confirm it has the same functionality, then send the NT710 back to Amazon for a refund.
thanks for the info!!
I’ll check it out on ecs. I’ve ordered a bunch from them and a few of their “schwaben” things. But didn’t know about that.
if it does all the same data I’d rather that especially with Bluetooth.
Old 08-08-2024, 03:52 PM
Corvetteboy6988
Racer

I got the new Foxwell i53GT (aka NT710) from ECS. So it is identical to the NT710 on Amazon, for the same price, HOWEVER, it is BT with a dongle, no OBDII cable or port, so that is much nicer, and its the same price as it currently on sale. And its covered under the ECS lifetime warranty. The soft case instead of the large plastic one with the NT710 is also much nice, its more compact and feels nice.
The menus, functionality, etc. are the same, the kinda list this as similar to the 530 scanner, but with wifi, BT, and bigger screen.
BT was seem less, and I was able to work around in the garage doing other things at 20ft or more without loosing communication. I couldnt find this unit at this cost on ebay with BT, so was ok with settling for the NT710 with the cable, but realized like with the icarscan X431, BT is so much nicer!

No errors with this one, even the instruction book is better. It found all my systems this time with the quick scan. Only issue I am still having is with downloading the updates. Seems like it works for a bit, the losses connection with my WIFI, even though it says its still connnected, so I need support there.
It still works as intended, since most of the updates are language related, or for some small updates. Im guessing its something with my wifi settings and the unit, I hope. reaching out for customer service.

Definitely more diagnostic live data to read than the icarscan x431. Only thing I havent been able to find is the "kick down" calibration like the X431 had. It has throttle calibration, and I can read output for the kickdown to see if its functioning correctly, but not the actual adaption function.
Only other downside is $80 additional cost to add full capability for other vehicles.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben.../i53btpor~scf/
Old 08-08-2024, 08:50 PM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the review.
I’ll probably have to bite the bullet and order it sometime.
but I’ll need 5 different softwares from the get go… which sucks…. $$$

let us know how the updates and WiFi connection comes along with support.
good luck finding the throttle adaptation also. No ideas for you with regards to that.
Old 08-09-2024, 05:02 PM
VoilaGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Is this the one the OP mentioned?

Old 08-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Corvetteboy6988
Racer

The one I bought in 2017 which still works for me, is this one:
Amazon Amazon

If someone is still offering that, I wonder what app you are supposed to download, I cant find one in the Google play store anymore

Quick Reply: ICarScan X431 Tool Available again.