Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lurching

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 03:15 PM
BenLee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question When does the SW fix take affect for forward build?

Getting my Cayenne S next week. It was an early November production car. Just wondering if I still need to have the new SW put on it.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:46 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Have the dealer/service verify, before you take possession........ Talk to the tech who did it. There may be other TSBs (tech service bulletins) that can be addressed.
Old 11-17-2003, 10:53 PM
doubleagle
1st Gear

Trying to understand the lurching issue....seems very prominent...I am in the market for a Cayenne, but the test drives left me with some questions that the rep could (would) not address.....what I felt was a significant "lag" from a quick acceleration from a very slow speed (as if you were pulling out of a driveway, noticed oncoming traffic, and punched it)....the car (both the S and the Turbo) would "lag" for several seconds....very unnerving in front of comign traffic.....the rep played it down, but it is a major concern for this potential buyer.....is this the lurching that you guys are describing...any help is much appreciated, because I love everything else about the vehicle..
Old 11-17-2003, 11:01 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, its less noticable when you have learned to drive the Cayenne properly, and its effect has been somewhat reduced by use of BMC filters and exhaust mods.

Bottom line is that this car does not like being driven like a lamb, drive it like a lion and it disappears.

Sounds like this SW fix will correct however.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:18 AM
mumanoff
Instructor

Just take it to the dealer for the software upgrade...pedal gives more feedback and is more responsive. Not a sudden lurch anymore. Waiting to see the benefits of the PCM SW upgrade. By the way, there was never any lurching in tiptronic.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:51 AM
GM Austin
Pro

And none with the PSM turned off, and none in low range. There was just something wrong with the standard, automatic mapping.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:36 PM
TaTaPiRaTa
Intermediate

So is it an issue anymore or new soft did it already gone?
Old 11-18-2003, 07:52 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

I would expect new production would have the fix in
Old 11-18-2003, 08:47 PM
jhunt@huntinter
Pro

Strange, I was talking to my dealer about my Audi A6 twin turbo. It does the same thing.

Would this be drive by wire, tranny, or something else?

thanks,

John
Old 11-18-2003, 09:00 PM
GM Austin
Pro

Default We need documentation!

I spoke with my dealer's sales manager, service advisor and service manager today and they insist they have not yet received anything from Porsche on the lurching/hesitation issue. The service advisor and sales manager have read this entire thread.

We need documentation. Someone who has had this done needs to post a copy of their service ticket or something. Maybe get a TSB number, if there is one, or part number for the software update.

BTW, I was there picking up my clear side markers. I just ordered them last Thursday and seeing Toby's over the weekend convinced me this was the right move. They looked great on his car! I also ordered the Cayenne Service Information book Toby had (PNA 488910 - $63.50). It looked very interesting.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:30 PM
tlm204
5th Gear

Yes... the above is true. Well, at least they are doing something to correct the "lurching". I had my S at Boardwalk in Dallas last week and asked them to address this problem, if possible. I am not sure what all they did, but The lurching is no longer. I am a happy man. Now I am in search of another 40-50 hp I will be most happy. Keep it up porsche.... you are sooo close !
Old 11-18-2003, 11:40 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

GM... this sounds like the roll-out of the drip drip fix all over again doesn't it !

Slow to spread
Old 11-18-2003, 11:51 PM
tlm204
5th Gear

All it states on the service ticket is "Perform Throttle Adaption *TU 20* (DC24640110001) and also 10WP... what the hell does that mean?

any help at all guys?
Old 11-19-2003, 12:58 AM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by jhunt@huntinter

It is associated with adaptive driving signal to the DIM (drive by wire), it is an incorrect signal.

HOWEVER, Mudman2 had a fix that worked for me before my software update.

Sit in the car and don't touch pedals. Turn the key on for 30 seconds. This appears to erase the "adaptive driving" issue and resets the DIM. Turn the key off then start the car and drive off.

If you find it occuring again repeat until dumb & dumber at your servicing dealership gets the message from PCNA.

I didn't have to reset. If you drive around slow (city driving) it could adapt to that driving style again, I suppose.

Mike you're right, it is slow to catch on...
Old 11-20-2003, 10:09 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally posted by jhunt@huntinter
Strange, I was talking to my dealer about my Audi A6 twin turbo. It does the same thing.

thanks,

John
My 2002 Audi allroad does the same thing (same 2.7 twin turbo engine) and it's VERY annoying! It's really bad when you go from reverse to drive. It takes probably 2-3 seconds before it engages, and that can be quite dodgy when you are trying to back out of a driveway on a fairly busy street.

Other than that, I really love our allroad. My wife & I briefly talked about trading it in for a Cayenne S sometime next year, but I think we'll hold on to it.

Rich

Quick Reply: Lurching