techinfo@porschecars.com

Ask the question, I have
Old 11-21-2003, 02:49 PM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by tlm204
All it states on the service ticket is "Perform Throttle Adaption *TU 20* (DC24640110001) and also 10WP... what the hell does that mean?

any help at all guys?
This is the FIX and it's not a software update. The dealer needs to hook up the PST2 and perform certain throttle inputs when the computer prompts the appropriate action. Apparently, this "throttle adaptation" is also required anytime the battery is disconnected. Some dealers are doing this as part of their PDI. BTW, same fix for the Audi/Allroad hesitation issue.
Old 11-21-2003, 07:20 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you will find you are being told a fairy story
Old 11-21-2003, 08:25 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by mudman2
I think you will find you are being told a fairy story
Is that a crack? just because I'm from SF? (I couldn't help myself - I'm weak) :-)
Old 11-25-2003, 09:35 PM
GM Austin
Pro

I received an e-mail from my dealer that says there is a software update for this issue and so far the fix has been successful for those receiving it.

Has anyone else had the update. Torags, what is your report on the fix?
Old 11-25-2003, 10:09 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

I am holding my breathe, the "unofficial" two or three things they are going to try to fix it when the PCA rep is in next. No mention of what, but I have to wait until next Thursday when all the techs are in.....Training Session ?? perhaps.
Old 11-25-2003, 11:14 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by GM Austin
I received an e-mail from my dealer that says there is a software update for this issue and so far the fix has been successful for those receiving it.

Has anyone else had the update. Torags, what is your report on the fix?
The result so far isw flawless.

I would remind owners who get the update, request all other Technical Service Bulletines (TSBs) be performed while in the shop.
Old 11-25-2003, 11:15 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Torags
The result so far isw flawless.
Ugh, not like my spelling.......
Old 11-26-2003, 09:41 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 97 Posts

I had an interesting conversation with my service guy at Park Place here in Dallas last Saturday. He mentioned that there was ANOTHER software update for the eGas and that his service techs had just received their training about one week ago. He indicated that they should have the software updates in late this week and that they would schedule my S in for service and TSB applications sometime next week (I'm still waiting on the hitch assembly to arrive!). I specifically asked if we were talking about the fix already released for the eGas problems, and he told me that this was an update to the fix already out. Has anyone heard of this later update?
Old 11-26-2003, 12:43 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

My guess is that these updates cover a number of issues. Each successive update probably will not address a previous issue. Toby thanks for bringing this up.

Each service or oil change visit, I'm going to request all TSBs and software updates be performed. Furthermore, these TSBs are available online. You can present these to the service rep (in case the tech's are unfamiliar with current TSBs).

Someone on the Rennlist forums was kind enough to post previous TSBs.

If I run across them, I'll post. I suspect this is not unlike Microsoft updates ( a continual process).
Old 11-26-2003, 04:33 PM
SFernando
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Re: Mudman's post on PCNA tech support, I sent them the following:

I purchased a new 2004 Cayenne S at Porsche of Arlington (VA) on October 28, 2003. I am experiencing hesitation in throttle response, especially from a standing start. This is not only counter intuitive and annoying, but potentially dangerous when turning into oncoming traffic, etc. On user boards, other owners reference a software update or other fix from Porsche to address this issue, referencing Throttle Adaptation as the subject. My dealer claims to have no knowledge about such a fix. Do you have any information on how this might be resolved? A prompt response is appreciated.

Thanks, Mudman. Suggest others chime in too, if this is a concern.
Old 11-26-2003, 05:15 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Boy so much has been written about this now and some people have reported great results.

I think we are seeing first hand the growing pains in PCNA. I have this image of 1 German guy and his laptop driving a company car from dealer to dealer.

He seems to have started on the left coast and initially thought he was working left to right, but then he went South to Texas and on the Jersey ???. I think he broke down and started to fly. He is undoubtedly lost at this point and is following shouts from HQ based on which owners are bitching the most.

Maybe there is a couple of them, who knows, but with so many Cayennes out there so quickly and training appearing to having been "on the job" to date at most dealers, looks like we will have to bear with them to a certain extent while they solve their growth issues.

The lurching is an annoyance more than anything and a few of us have spent some pennies to reduce the effect. One this for sure its not an issue if you drive (as one person said) as if your stealing it.

Next Thursday, I am taking off and will stay with mine while they work on it.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:03 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

please report specifics on the e-gas issue if it's addressed. TSB #'s or whatever so that I can talk intelligently with the dealer and they can't say I don't know what you are talking about. Thanks
Old 11-26-2003, 08:15 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Am I crazy or could they have mad a tape of what to do send fedex it to dealers for their techs.

They dealer could lock them all in a room & let them council each other with the tape playing. Then they could give that little German guy a vacation.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:48 PM
GM Austin
Pro

Am I crazy or could they have mad a tape of what to do send fedex it to dealers for their techs.
Even if they could, it is no proof you aren't crazy.

Quick Reply: Lurching