Sponsored by:

On my way to buy 2008 CTT with Sport Design Pack

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 07:46 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,643 Likes on 4,222 Posts

One other difference is that the 957 GTS was actually available with a manual transmission. I almost went with that model just for the trans, but later decided that the way we'd be using the vehicle, I'd rather have the 550 HP and the tiptronic than the 400 HP and manual, but it was a close call.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:57 PM
7 Summits
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Supah
Thanks for clarifying this for me!
Makes total sense to get a Turbo over GTS, if they are usually cheaper (from my search experience, correct me if I am wrong) and have more bells and whistles from factory.

So GTS is pretty much an S with Sport Design Package? Or there are other differences?
20 more hp, PSE and lower ride height plus 21" factory sport wheels as standard. Might be other differences too
Old 12-12-2016, 08:35 PM
Supah
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
One other difference is that the 957 GTS was actually available with a manual transmission. I almost went with that model just for the trans, but later decided that the way we'd be using the vehicle, I'd rather have the 550 HP and the tiptronic than the 400 HP and manual, but it was a close call.
I don't really care about MT, would much rather have Automatic. First, because I do not have any experience driving a stick shift. Second, where I live it would be annoying and more distracting having to switch gears back and forth (lots of stop and go traffic in NYC).

From my research it seems like with CTT (considering it wasnt ridden hard everyday by a PO and turbos are still in good shape) you get more bang for the buck, resale value is just not as good as GTS - if I get a CTT with Sport Design Package it should help. Unless there are other reasons why the price on CTT is usually lower than GTS?
Old 12-12-2016, 08:48 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Supah
I don't really care about MT, would much rather have Automatic. First, because I do not have any experience driving a stick shift. Second, where I live it would be annoying and more distracting having to switch gears back and forth (lots of stop and go traffic in NYC).
Very few GTS M/T were built for the US market. If you wanted one it would be a challenging search. You are correct, it is PITA to drive a M/T anything in a metro area.

The HP of a CTT in a metro area will be impossible to use IMO. The CTT options that are typical for this model are tempting.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:49 AM
7 Summits
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forgot to mention the GTS is lighter than the S, includes sport air suspension and includes the sport design package (aero package). When it came out it had a $12k more MSRP over the S

Quick Reply: On my way to buy 2008 CTT with Sport Design Pack