Sponsored by:

Question: Best way to ship wheel/tire combo

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 01:14 PM
Gokart3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Pallet the 4 wheels and ship via LTL. It's the cheapest I've found.
That's a great idea. I've shipped dozens of sets of wheels/tires over the years and have always just kept all my TireRack packaging materials and re-used those. I usually ship them 2 at a time, wheels face to face with foam/cardboard/foam in between and cardboard on the outers. I don't have a strapping machine, so I use copious amounts of packing tape. Have never had a problem. The last set I shipped via UPS was sent that way, but come to think about it, that was probably about a year ago. Will check into the LTL option.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:39 AM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Pallet the 4 wheels and ship via LTL. It's the cheapest I've found.
^THIS^ bubblewrap the entire pallet. I shipped wheels to Maryland from CA for about $200 Freight
Old 10-06-2016, 12:32 PM
PupC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems to be more than one carrier for LTL when I google it... Which do you recommend?
Old 10-07-2016, 12:00 AM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by PupC
Seems to be more than one carrier for LTL when I google it... Which do you recommend?
Shop around, for best regional freight carriers. The best are the ones who also ship pallets of engines.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:42 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by 125shifter
We'll that sucks that they changed the policy. I shipped some a couple years ago with no problem. I did ship from work though and we do a lot of shipping.
I've shipped that way recently up to what maybe last year. Funny they've changed it. Too many claims due to them not taking care of the wheels? Or maybe pure shipper packaging? Sucks...Try greyhound. Boxing them up woutl cost a fortune. I still think Tire Rack ships without boxing tho..don't see how they would box up a set of tires...but then again high volume exclusion saves them probably. GLWS

Quick Reply: Question: Best way to ship wheel/tire combo