Finally did it, 957 CTT full Bose removal and audio system install with radar - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > Porsche Cayenne > Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010
Reload this Page >

Finally did it, 957 CTT full Bose removal and audio system install with radar

Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 Series I
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally did it, 957 CTT full Bose removal and audio system install with radar

Old 05-01-2016, 03:21 PM
colowhisper
User

Default Finally did it, 957 CTT full Bose removal and audio system install with radar

So after months of deliberating and reading these forums about the androids, Dynavin units and being on the wait list for an Avin Avant unit, I finally ponied up for a complete system overhaul. This was a difficult decision for me because I am a bit of a “purist” and really don’t like the look of aftermarket stuff of any kind in German cars/trucks. But I have to say that now that it’s in I am really happy with the sound quality, and the looks and feel of the unit and installation.

So here are some pics I took along the way. I wanted this install to look as OEM as possible with no loss of cargo space and no “showiness” in the equipment. Based on the installers recommendations, I went with Pioneer radio, Alpine amp, and Focal speakers and sub. When we got to talking details about the installation, I decided to add a Beltronics Sti-R Plus remote radar detector with a rear view mirror integration which is super stealth and very cool. The whole project turned out really nice, not quite the same level as the “reference” system of the other thread, but a solid set up and much improved over the dated PCM and Bose system. I also had to remove the useless and stupid looking Porsche Rear Entertainment System, which left a couple scars on the back of the seats and will require some upholstery work, but that is another thread. Rock on.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:42 PM
wrinkledpants
User

Of the installations I've seen that are aftermarket, that one looks pretty good given that the color matches the other dash light colors. Who did the work? Do the steering wheel buttons still work?
Old 05-01-2016, 06:04 PM
colowhisper
User

Car Toys did the install. The Pioneer unit is very customizable for colors etc. yes, the steering wheel buttons still work, they are programmable, so I had the MAN button summon my man Siri. :-)
Old 05-02-2016, 11:24 AM
Lexlthr
User

Very clean install. PM sent.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:32 PM
Misc3r
User

my goodness that's a clean install

I'm dreading my stock speakers (non bose version but still) and the sound SUCKS!

- The rear sub enclosure, is this a custom build? I remember MTX building similar ones, but none could be found nowadays
- What brand and model speakers are installed in the doors?
Old 09-28-2016, 10:42 AM
colowhisper
User

A little taste of fall in Colorado...

Originally Posted by Misc3r View Post
my goodness that's a clean install

I'm dreading my stock speakers (non bose version but still) and the sound SUCKS!

- The rear sub enclosure, is this a custom build? I remember MTX building similar ones, but none could be found nowadays
- What brand and model speakers are installed in the doors?
Thanks. After living with the system for a couple months now I have to say I am really enjoying it. I travel a lot by myself in the mountains and cranking the tunes while hauling up the passes with full radar protection is so fun! The speakers and sub are Focal brand. I don't remember the model, but it was second tier down from the "top of the line," which were stupid expensive. The sub box was custom built fiberglass, the installer was such a stud. Anyone in Colorado considering something like this should visit Aaron at the 5th and Broadway Car Toys. He even did the remote radar mirror in house.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:32 PM
GrandeOak
User

Great looking and spec'd system. Almost as beautiful as that Colorado fall foliage shot.

Originally Posted by Misc3r View Post
The rear sub enclosure, is this a custom build? I remember MTX building similar ones, but none could be found nowadays
JL Audio used to make an integrated sub-box like this for 955's but it doesn't look like its available anymore. More info here. Guys on 6speedonline have looked to buy them secondhand.

My 955 came with a JL Audio amp and sub that I believe is a Stealthbox and fits, looks and sounds great.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:51 PM
wrinkledpants
User

That car toys is just down the street from me. I'm at 10th and Lincoln. I may have to give them a call.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:49 AM
Dan87951
Super User

They did an excellent job! I like the rear sub box.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:27 PM
colowhisper
User

Originally Posted by wrinkledpants View Post
That car toys is just down the street from me. I'm at 10th and Lincoln. I may have to give them a call.
We're practically neighbors WP, I live in east Denver near Lowry. If you ever want to demo system let me know I would enjoy meeting you.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:19 AM
docwyte
Addict
Rennlist Member

That's a really nice system you have now! Congrats on the clean install!
Old 10-08-2016, 09:41 PM
georgeramosjr
User

Hey! I got a pioneer head unti like you. I had the unit installed but the guy did not know how to get the steering wheel to control the unit.

Were you able to do it?
If so, how did you do it?
Do I need any module?

I have a pioneer AVH-4000NEX

any help would be appreciated.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally did it, 957 CTT full Bose removal and audio system install with radar

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: