Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is this bulb?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 11:37 PM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yep - sorry, I should have prefaced my post with "also." I just assumed since it was pointed out that they can be used as parking lights (and stated in the manual) that I would add the city light function.

Both lights on in a city = city lights. Used as L or R when parked = parking lights. Same bulb serves both purposes.

In the US, most people know the side-marker or park light function as indicator lights on but main beams off when you're parked but car is running. The parking and city function as used overseas doesn't really translate to most people in the US.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:57 PM
tjrob2000
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting information. I should've mentioned the passenger side lights up, but this one (driver's) does not. I'll have to look more in the owner's manual, but I did not find anything about these lights when I first RTFM.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:00 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,153 Likes on 764 Posts

Originally Posted by tjrob2000
Interesting information. I should've mentioned the passenger side lights up, but this one (driver's) does not. I'll have to look more in the owner's manual, but I did not find anything about these lights when I first RTFM.
It's a common wedge bulb - but Porsche used ones dyed blue to give the same color as the HID headlight. I replaced both with standard $0.79/each one from the auto parts store when mine crapped out. Also try banging on the headlight before replacing it - sometimes it's simply the crappola headlight connector has an intermittent in it.

Quick Reply: What is this bulb?