New Member Checking In...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 11:44 PM
quikslvr1
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile New Member Checking In...

Hello All,
I recently joined the "Cayenne Club" when I acquired my '04 Turbo. I've been wanting one of these for awhile!
My car has 116k miles on it and it runs and drives well so far. I've been able to confirm that the coolant pipes have been replaced w/metal ones; likewise the driveshaft has been changed and so have the coil packs. So thankfully, at least these items have been taken care of!
At this point, I've noticed the following:
*The CEL activated two days ago and the car threw a PO342 Cam Position Sensor code. Then just as mysteriously as it appeared, the CEL went out!
*There is a gentle "flapping/fluttering" noise that appears to be coming from behind the vents in the middle of the dash. This sound comes and goes intermittently, sometimes it's quiet and other times the flapping becomes a little annoying.
*My driver's seat moves back and forth but I can't get it to raise higher - - I can hear the motor humming but the seat stays in the low position.
*Finally I've noticed a thin cloud of whitish smoke that sometimes comes from the exhaust on start up. Not all the time, just occasionally.

Any advice or possible diagnosis for these items?
Thanks,
pj
Old 07-01-2016, 01:19 AM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

At this point, I've noticed the following:
I recommend a fresh battery if older than 2-3 years. Fluids, plugs/coils, etc.

*The CEL activated two days ago and the car threw a PO342 Cam Position Sensor code. Then just as mysteriously as it appeared, the CEL went out! (It will come back, http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...42-error-code/) Could just need coils/plugs refreshed or actually cam sensors.

*There is a gentle "flapping/fluttering" noise that appears to be coming from behind the vents in the middle of the dash. This sound comes and goes intermittently, sometimes it's quiet and other times the flapping becomes a little annoying. (Servo or electric fan going out, buy parts from ecs, pelican, autohauz, etc.) ECS will probably be easy.

*My driver's seat moves back and forth but I can't get it to raise higher - - I can hear the motor humming but the seat stays in the low position. (check for a loose plug under the seat and push it back in, should be north south plug, or the seat could be jammed, or a fuse short...look up the seats and check that fuse.)

*Finally I've noticed a thin cloud of whitish smoke that sometimes comes from the exhaust on start up. Not all the time, just occasionally. ( monitor oil levels they are known to burn, get fluid changes for most everything as general suggestion, ATF, Differentials, flush radiator, and Oil to make sure you get a good base line, maybe even do a blackstone oil report for engine wear and tear and analysis.)
Old 07-01-2016, 03:24 AM
quikslvr1
Track Day

THANKS cordsig79!

I appreciate the advice! I'm not sure about the age of the battery but I'll certainly change it out along with the plugs, fluids, etc.

I'll let you know how it goes afterwards.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:23 AM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

White cloud on startup is probably just condensation. After the exhaust heats up, it goes away. Unless it's damn cold out. Then you have it all the time.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:39 AM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If wrinkledpants is on your thread, you are in good hands.......I am accurate to a fault but he seems to be accurate and precise on insight.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:44 PM
quikslvr1
Track Day

Default THANKS!

Thanks wp & cs79 - I appreciate your comments and advice!

Brief updates:
Resolved (For Now!)
Haven't seen a recurrence of the "whitish smoke" incident so I'm assuming condensation as being the cuprit for now!
CEL and PO342 code was remedied by replacing a cam sensor
Pending
Driver's seat - Checked for loose plugs, frayed wires, etc. under driver's seat & found none. Seat goes down, forwad & backwards and seat back will adjust; but no height movement. (Getting this looked at by indy shop)
Fluttering noise in ventilation system - still there, but on an intermittent basis. Will have this checked at shop and diagnosed.

This forum is awesome- so much great advice and tips!

Quick Reply: New Member Checking In...