Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 CTT with high mileage

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 04:23 PM
dhc905
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

A couple interior shots the seller sent my way yesterday. Smooth leather? Is that the extra comfort option that someone here (can't recall who, but lives in Michigan) mentioned in a youtube video of his CTT.

Basalt Black Metallic
Interior:
Sand Beige Smooth Leather
Warranty Start:
December 09, 2005
Additional Equipment
0TD
Front and Rear Floor Mats
1NP
Wheel Hub Covers Colored Crest
3FE
Moonroof
3X1
Ski Bag
3Y4
Roll up Sunscreen-1/4 Windows
7A2
6 Disc CD Changer
CS5
20" Cayenne Sport Design Wheel
N7D
Soft Look Leather Seats
PH2
Light Wood Steering Whl Gloss
PH5
Gloss Light Wood Pkg w/Lever
PO4
Light Comfort Package/Memory
QR1
Compass Display
QV4
Satellite Radio XM
TK
Sand Beige Smooth Leather
Z4
Basalt Black Metallic Top

Not the biggest fan of the wooden steering wheel, but doesn't look so bad on a tan interior.

Comfort seats? Strange stain in the footwell. Is that the OEM Navigation Unit? Liked the functionality of the android one

Headliner seems to be in decent shape.

10 years old. A thorough detail would be in order.

Old 06-13-2016, 05:07 PM
CTTS520
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

That is the smooth leather option which, if I'm not mistaken, was a $3000 option. I have the same interior in my 06 CTTS and it is beautiful. It will most likely have the Porsche crest stamped into the leather on the front headrests which I think is a nice touch. Looks like factory nav but I can't tell for sure.

Last edited by CTTS520; 06-13-2016 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:32 PM
Travis
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

The rear sunblinds are a nice to have option too, especially if you have young kids.

You're right, a thorough detail will get the interior cleaned up nicely. You do miss out on the heated steering wheel with the wood one. No pano roof is also a bonus!

You might want to pick up some all weather/rubber floor mats. They make it a snap to clean up all the dirt/crud.

Curious to hear what you find out on the past services and PPI reveal.

Sounds like you're closer than the previous one.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:18 PM
dhc905
Banned

Yesterday was a pretty good day in my Porsche world. Resolved an annoying check engine light issue with my 964 by swapping out an idle stabilization valve (myself), and sent the deposit in for this bad boy.

If there's anyone in the SJ region who can/wants to take a look at it sometime this week, I'd be indebted and will most likely pay off that debt in wine

Travis gave me some good recs on a place to do my PPI that are in the South Bay. I will see if the seller will take the car there independantly of me driving down there sometime during this week. I'm scheduled to see it in person for the first time on Saturday.

Based on the feedback I've gotten here, this is the list of "special attention" items I will want the PPI folks to check out:

Aluminum Coolant Pipes
Front Control Arms
Driveline Fluids (and specifics?)
Cardan Shaft
Suspension
Headlights/Ballasts
Brakes
Transmission Input Shaft Seal
Valve Body
Hatch Struts
Water Pump
Coolant Reservoir
Engine Mounts
Air Suspension/Air Pump

Anything else?

Last edited by dhc905; 06-13-2016 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:09 PM
Wisconsin Joe
Nordschleife Master

Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Include the coolant T along with the pipes.

That one has "light wood", mine has "dark wood". It's a personal taste thing, but I like it.

That looks like the factory PCM (Porsche Communication Management) head unit. It works for me. Nothing spectacular (and it's $1600 to replace at the dealer).
Old 06-13-2016, 07:18 PM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's not a factory PCM. No idea what it is.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:09 PM
CTTS520
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkledpants
Put my glasses on for a second look. Wrinkledpants is correct. Not the original PCM. That unit is missing the keypad buttons on the left side among other things. Could be a bonus if its a clean installation.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:21 PM
Wisconsin Joe
Nordschleife Master

Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkledpants
Originally Posted by CTTS520
Put my glasses on for a second look. Wrinkledpants is correct. Not the original PCM. That unit is missing the keypad buttons on the left side among other things. Could be a bonus if its a clean installation.
Oops. Wrinkled pants is (as usual) correct. Not the PCM.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:41 PM
Travis
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Check the parking brake. If the little strut has failed, the pedal will need a little help to retract.

Might as well try the 4wd selector too. That will tell you if the servo is working.

Wish I was closer. The hunt is fun.

Originally Posted by dhc905
Yesterday was a pretty good day in my Porsche world. Resolved an annoying check engine light issue with my 964 by swapping out an idle stabilization valve (myself), and sent the deposit in for this bad boy.

If there's anyone in the SJ region who can/wants to take a look at it sometime this week, I'd be indebted and will most likely pay off that debt in wine

Travis gave me some good recs on a place to do my PPI that are in the South Bay. I will see if the seller will take the car there independantly of me driving down there sometime during this week. I'm scheduled to see it in person for the first time on Saturday.

Based on the feedback I've gotten here, this is the list of "special attention" items I will want the PPI folks to check out:

Aluminum Coolant Pipes
Front Control Arms
Driveline Fluids (and specifics?)
Cardan Shaft
Suspension
Headlights/Ballasts
Brakes
Transmission Input Shaft Seal
Valve Body
Hatch Struts
Water Pump
Coolant Reservoir
Engine Mounts
Air Suspension/Air Pump

Anything else?
Old 06-14-2016, 01:45 AM
dhc905
Banned

So a little confused. I got what dealership sent over. The records go back to 2006, but seem less relevant. Anyway, these all seem like diagnosis rather than actions taken, which is typically what I want to see (e.g. Headlight replaced vs. "headlight"). I'm getting on the phone with their service advisor at the dealership tomorrow to discuss, but any insight you all could provide would be certainly helpful.

For instance, the receipt says "customer states 4wd light came on, now off. Found low voltage fault at the transfer control unit, removed drivers seat, removed battery coverings, removed hold downs, removed battery and installed new"

Or another one " steering/suspect DI, axle concern, engine mounts, fluid exc, alignment"???
Old 06-14-2016, 11:16 AM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

There are two ways a dealer might send records - the actual invoices at which they'll have to do something to remove the old clients info (privacy reasons), or the abbreviated records that don't include that, but are also less informative. There should still be prices and itemized lists on the abbreviated records, enough that you should easily be able to ascertain what they did. Not sure what they gave you, but it's probably just best to call.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:45 AM
dhc905
Banned

This is basically what I got (I cropped the PO's name out just for their privacy)...

Old 06-14-2016, 12:12 PM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

I haven't seen a printout like that. Could be suggested repairs, or declined repairs. You'll need to call and find out.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:24 PM
Orantes
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations on your purchase!

You will need to do some wrenching with that sort of mileage.

Good luck out there!
Old 06-14-2016, 09:29 PM
dhc905
Banned

WP on it. Navigation is not OEM, but it's a newer unit that includes a backup camera and bluetooth, which is great because I was seriously considering the Android improvement if the original PCM is in there.

Will likely speak with the service advisor tomorrow to clarify what's actually been done to the car.

Quick Reply: 2006 CTT with high mileage