LED?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 02:09 PM
zonnie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED?

Hi,

Does anyone know what bulb this is called on the Cayenne and the bulb type/size?

I want to know if I can replace that with an LED bulb? Has anyone done it? Will it throw any codes?

The lights circled in the image seem to be my day time running lights. Well actually my lowbeams and those front circled bulbs are ALWAYS on. Is that normal?
Attached Images  
Old 05-18-2016, 02:47 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 81 Posts

Zonnie click through the vehicle settings to lights and there you have the option to turn off the DRL

BTW did the dealer cover the cost of fixing the broken vacuum line fitting?

Maybe another member can help with your LED question.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:06 PM
zonnie
Instructor

Rick,

thanks for following up my man.

oh boy where do I begin...

Timeline of the chirping noise.

March 2016 - Chirping Noise identified by myself, the only thing holding me back from purchasing the car was getting a guarantee that the car was sold with no mechanical defects. Was assured by their salesman and mechanic that it was a dry belt since the noise was intermittent and they had the car and engine detailed which could of dried out a belt.

Mar 2016 - car is purchased and chirping noise was addressed again and was assured that the noise would go away after couple hundred kms

Apr 2016 - i brought car to local indy (most reputable porsche indy in Vancouver). They lubricated all the belts and the noise was still persistent. This calls for an official diagnostics and removal of intake manifolds.

Apr 2016 - Car was with INDY for a week. After taking apart intake manifold, they found vacuum lines that were disconnected and a broken fuel check valve. They figure this must address the chirping noise. I notified the dealer immediately and told them the scenario. Dealer participates in 1/3 of the bill...and says to call him when the job is done.

May 2016 - Indy makes the necessary repairs and the chirping noise is still PRESENT. Owner of the shop recommends me take the vehicle back so they can diagnose the chirping noise further. I have documented emails between myself and dealer. This is a pre existing issue and dealer said to contact him next Tuesday May 24th. Obviously my car has to go back into the shop but I shouldn't be footing any part of this bill. This issue existed when I purchased the vehicle and was my primary concern at the time and really the only thing that held me from purchasing the car sooner. But I was assured on multiple occasions that it was just a dried belt and nothing to be worried about and that I would be "looked after" exactly in those words. I was also assured that there was nothing wrong with the vehicle. So now I will have to wait till this long weekend is over and call the dealer to see whats up.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:37 PM
zonnie
Instructor

btw any chance you know how to switch between CD's? I loaded the 6 disc cd changer in the rear and when I click the "CD" button on PCM it just switches between the main cd in the PCM unit and the first one in the cd changer. it doesnt allow me to access CD 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 in the CD changer?
Old 05-18-2016, 04:28 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zonnie
btw any chance you know how to switch between CD's? I loaded the 6 disc cd changer in the rear and when I click the "CD" button on PCM it just switches between the main cd in the PCM unit and the first one in the cd changer. it doesnt allow me to access CD 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 in the CD changer?
Sorry cant help with that one, I don't have a CD changer.

Hard to believe it is so difficult to diagnose that chirp.
Good thing you are not lettering them off the hook on this. Who knows what it will cost to resolve it. All the while the dealer hopes you get use to it and never return.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:32 PM
zonnie
Instructor

Ya.. the Porsche Indy said it's the first time they heard this noise. Apparently it happens in conjunction when some gurgling nosies near the fuel tank. Whether there is a correlation or not is what will come of it when the car is back in the shop.

I don't think the dealer is going to go down without a fight. But seriously, this was a pre existing issue....... I bought it from a boutique luxury car dealer so basically means I am dealing with the owner of the shop.

He said something along the lines of "we didn't get a chance to repair it" which was so absurd. First I was told that there was nothing to repair and now it's my fault for buying the car before you could of repaired it? I didn't say anything. All we agreed on was we will be in touch next week when the Porshe Indy is back from long weekend.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:05 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,203 Likes on 3,957 Posts

If they think it's somehow belt related (sounds like a belt, increases and decreases relative to engine speed, etc, it's possible that one of your accessory pulleys (water pump, a/c, etc) has a bad bearing or is not running true and causing the belt to rub against the side of the pulley instead of running true in the center grooves. I would think if you spray the belt or the pulleys with some water, if it's related to a belt or pulley that the sound will change. If the sound stays exactly the same, it's probably something else.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:41 PM
DWPC
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by zonnie
On mine (2006), I select a CD by pressing the Audio button on the head unit and selecting the disk #/Title from the Disk List
Old 05-19-2016, 02:04 PM
zonnie
Instructor

Thanks Petza! Yup they've sprayed and lubicrated the belts and removed the intake manifolds to do a manual inspection of everything around the area and it's something else. I am eager to know...I'll keep you guys posted here.

Thanks DWC for the tip I will try it out.

Rick,

In my settings -> light settings -> I only have the option for headlight off delay once I turn off the car. There is no DRL settings to turn anything off.

My headlights and tailights are ALWAYS on. I tried playing with the ***** and no matter what they stay on. Even on AUTO setting they are always on. I wish there was a way to not have my lowbeams and rear lights on all the time.

Thoughts?
Old 05-20-2016, 07:09 PM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by v10rick
Zonnie click through the vehicle settings to lights and there you have the option to turn off the DRL.

Can't find this in my menu setting stack. Where exactly is this?
Old 05-20-2016, 07:40 PM
zonnie
Instructor

mine is a us import

i guess when they imported it they deactivated this option.

When I go to my Indy ill ask him to over ride it.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:15 PM
zonnie
Instructor

Originally Posted by DWC in Sedona
On mine (2006), I select a CD by pressing the Audio button on the head unit and selecting the disk #/Title from the Disk List
thank you it worked
Old 05-20-2016, 08:18 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Regarding the lights, can it be turned off with the switch on the dash?
Old 05-20-2016, 09:46 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DoubleNutz
Can't find this in my menu setting stack. Where exactly is this?
You don't see this?
This shot is from a 2009 GTS
The DRL are turned off on my truck.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:00 PM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by v10rick

You don't see this?
This shot is from a 2009 GTS
The DRL are turned off on my truck.
FOUND IT!!! Thanks so much... I should have actually used my eyes and looked for it!

Quick Reply: LED?