Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Cayenne memory seat not working/auto headlamps.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 04:44 PM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2009 Cayenne memory seat not working/auto headlamps.

Hi

I've recently bought a 2009 Cayenne Diesel which I am delighted with but have two queries:

First, I can't get the driver's seat memory to work. Pleasing the set button and then holding a number button doesn't give a chime as per the instructions, and no settings are saved. It works perfectly on the passenger seat so I know that I am following the correct procedure. Also, the Easy Entry Function doesn't work. Is there a known fix for this?

Second. The car doesn't have auto lights but the headlamps do come on automatically when it's dark, but not the dash lights. To get the latter on, I have to turn the headlamp switch. Is this normal?

Many thanks

Phil
Old 05-01-2016, 09:42 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,144 Likes on 759 Posts

First I can't help you with except suggesting you get a vehicle specific reader and see if there are any faults stored in the memory module (which ties in with the seats/miirors/radio/key memory settings). And the reader should also tell you if the switch itself is working. Most people have Durametrics - I have that and an ICarScan. I prefer the ICarScan, but it has to be ordered from Hong Kong (but it is less expensive then the Durametrics, it's not only for Porsche, and I find it somewhat easier to use.)

Second - not normal. As far as the car not having "auto lights" - how are the headlamps coming on automatically when it's dark? On the 955/957 that's a function done by the switch.. and apparently all that's needed to enable it on non-equipped vehicles is to replace the light switch.

Quick Reply: 2009 Cayenne memory seat not working/auto headlamps.