Sponsored by:

WTB: 2009 Cayenne 957 Turbo S with Specific Options

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016 | 12:01 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BlackTurboS
Nice Cayenne! Nice to meet a fellow 09 CTTS owner. Mine meets all of your specs except for the seats and the Ceramic Brakes. Mine came with the large CTTS red brakes, and I debated swapping to Ceramic... then I spoke with a few folks on here and found out about PB Brake Kits from the UK. I dropped $4200 on a full brake kit (in black) to black it all out. And the PB Brakes are absolutely incredible. They outperform my OEM brakes and will last twice as long. I only recommend this because I was in the same mindset about ceramic... until I learned that if you do as much as scratch the surface with a pebble; the entire rotor may need to be replaced.

Good luck and enjoy the ride!

A few recommendations I make to folks on here who buy a Cayenne Turbo 957. Be sure to consider checking the gaskets and seals around the turbos and intercoolers. In changing these out, I had improved boost and less oil consumption.
Thanks for the tip on the brakes. The braking power seems fine, I just like the PCCBs for no chance of warping, no dust, and essentially lifetime brakes. I have them on my RUF 997 and it's why I'm such a fan. I do most of my own work so don't worry about a shop getting careless and nicking or chipping them. I always use 2 alignment rods and a 2x6 under the wheel when removing or installing a wheel. The alignment pins hold the wheel in position as you slide it away from the hub and the board makes it easy to slide across the metal ramp surface of my lift with the bridge jacks.

On the turbos, I spent 2 hours under and around the car with the Porsche PPI tech and we specifically looked at those for any leaks. The bottom of the car looked literally brand new other than for some of the compliment that has gotten hot and run down (it's waxy instead of greasy which is how he said you can tell it's not oil).

So far, we're loving it - man it's a beast on the highway. Loving the Pano roof too. My wife and daughter just took it to a dance competition this weekend.

Last edited by Petza914; 04-10-2016 at 11:26 AM.

Quick Reply: WTB: 2009 Cayenne 957 Turbo S with Specific Options