Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Cayenne owners former or current 911 owners?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 01:27 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 599 Likes on 461 Posts

Nurburger, what are you license plates? They appear similar...
Old 01-04-2017, 03:26 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 639 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by leftlane
Great setup there Nurburger - beautiful garage and excellent collection.
Gracias Now I just need to expand it so I can fit the others in!

Originally Posted by garrett376
Nurburger, what are you license plates? They appear similar...
Nothing interesting - I just happened to need plates for two cars at the same time, so they came off the stack at the DMV together.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:11 PM
RedRaider1
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
RedRaider1 - VERY nice combination of P cars!! Love the matching 997 & 958 Turbo's in black.
.. You should setup a pic of one towing the other! (post # 72)
.. I also love the aero kit (Sport Pkg) on a regular Turbo. Funny to have so many P people say that they love my "GTS",... only to notice it's a Turbo.

=Steve
Thank you. I love our new cayenne, although I've actually only driven it a couple of times because work has kept me on the road every week since we got it. Can't keep my wife out of it, lol. She wants it to be "her" car.

I'll get a better shot of both turbos together once the weather turns here in Dallas.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:27 PM
ygmen313
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing puts a smile on my face faster than driving my 993 cab around on a sunny day. It is one great car and I am fortunate to own the 993 and a cayenne. My daily drive is a 09 cayenne and it is the best of the suv's, a great suv that drives like a car! But it is still, just a suv!! We have 3 kids and we also have a mini-van. If due to finances, you have to sell your 911, I feel your pain!!
Old 01-17-2017, 07:03 AM
Randyg308
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

996 street/track....Cayenne Turbo/around town/ towing.
Attached Images   

Last edited by Randyg308; 01-17-2017 at 07:24 AM.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:03 AM
porkandbeans
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some very cool pictures in this thread!

..My Turbo Carrera and Cayenne Turbo

Old 01-21-2017, 11:47 AM
curtsr
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

03 C4S & 05 CTTS (177k miles, 955 FTW!)

Old 01-23-2017, 12:56 PM
vbb
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I love that this thread has sort of been hijacked into a "post pics of your 911 and your Cayenne" thread. Seriously, I'm not being facetious, I do like where this has gone, if for no other reason that I get to see pictures like this:

Originally Posted by porkandbeans

What an unbelievably awesome machine. Congrats!
Old 01-23-2017, 01:27 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,040 Likes on 554 Posts

I just had to say it.

However, that Cayenne must be an awful ride with those out-of-round wheels!

Originally Posted by porkandbeans
Some very cool pictures in this thread!

..My Turbo Carrera and Cayenne Turbo

Old 01-23-2017, 03:57 PM
JSteve
8th Gear

2016 Cayenne, 2013 991<br/>
We looked at many different SUVs but my wife liked the Cayenne better than any of them. I was surprised and happy.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:40 PM
Porsche 25th
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

I mentioned my two before this became a photo thread. So, here is the current combo:
Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2017, 09:13 PM
curtsr
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
I love that this thread has sort of been hijacked into a "post pics of your 911 and your Cayenne" thread. Seriously, I'm not being facetious, I do like where this has gone, if for no other reason that I get to see pictures like this:
What an unbelievably awesome machine. Congrats!
Yup, P&B wins the Internet for that beautiful red 911 turbo doesn't he? I can only speak for myself but I posted because the thread is fairly aged, your sig shows a new (er) Tundra and I figured you had figured it out by now.

They are wholly different vehicles but pretty much every week I genuinely reflect on and consider my '05 CTT-S very possibly the best car money that I have ever spent. I recently replaced the tie rod ends, coil packs and plugs and the truck is as tight as ever. And those have been 172K HARD miles. I bought it as a 3 year old CPO but I bought it for the princely sum of $40K. Depreciation is really your friend with these things.

Yes it (or rather my driving) eats cardan shafts (on my 3rd or 4th), the coolant pipes replaced long ago, fuel pump, aux water pump, valve cover gaskets, etc. But its sooooo fast, it handles way better than it has a right, turning radius is insane and being a 955 it is built like an absolute tank.

It carried my wife and I all over the east coast when my son was a club then college baseball player through graduation. Tows our sleds, pulls trailers moving kids to and from school and has never left me stranded. It's dependent on one's needs, garage space and capital I would not say that I would move from a 911 to a Cayenne. But if one had to and did and they got a TT or TT-S I think 90% of the public would be satisfied.

I like the nikasil cylinders that aren't supposed to score like the N/A motors, love the air ride and the full leather. Great reasons to source a TT. Add in the heavier underpinnings that the 955 CTT-S models got as well as Powerkit and the CTT-S is a very competent and very stout vehicle.

How about you? What did you do? Did you buy the Tundra instead? Are you still on the fence?
Old 01-26-2017, 10:54 AM
vbb
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by curtsr
Yup, P&B wins the Internet for that beautiful red 911 turbo doesn't he? I can only speak for myself but I posted because the thread is fairly aged, your sig shows a new (er) Tundra and I figured you had figured it out by now.

They are wholly different vehicles but pretty much every week I genuinely reflect on and consider my '05 CTT-S very possibly the best car money that I have ever spent. I recently replaced the tie rod ends, coil packs and plugs and the truck is as tight as ever. And those have been 172K HARD miles. I bought it as a 3 year old CPO but I bought it for the princely sum of $40K. Depreciation is really your friend with these things.

Yes it (or rather my driving) eats cardan shafts (on my 3rd or 4th), the coolant pipes replaced long ago, fuel pump, aux water pump, valve cover gaskets, etc. But its sooooo fast, it handles way better than it has a right, turning radius is insane and being a 955 it is built like an absolute tank.

It carried my wife and I all over the east coast when my son was a club then college baseball player through graduation. Tows our sleds, pulls trailers moving kids to and from school and has never left me stranded. It's dependent on one's needs, garage space and capital I would not say that I would move from a 911 to a Cayenne. But if one had to and did and they got a TT or TT-S I think 90% of the public would be satisfied.

I like the nikasil cylinders that aren't supposed to score like the N/A motors, love the air ride and the full leather. Great reasons to source a TT. Add in the heavier underpinnings that the 955 CTT-S models got as well as Powerkit and the CTT-S is a very competent and very stout vehicle.

How about you? What did you do? Did you buy the Tundra instead? Are you still on the fence?
When it comes to cars, I never quite have it "figured out" haha. I actually owned the Tundra back when I started this thread, but I sold my C2 and bought my longtime dream car, a 911 Turbo. My thoughts about consolidating my C2 and my Tundra into one car that would hit most of my needs and wants (a CTT or GTS) was largely driven by thoughts of a career change that I have yet to make. So, I decided since I didn't make the career change (and take the income hit I was expecting to take along with it) I would go ahead and buy what I really wanted all along.

Right now, I have my truck as my daily and my 911 Turbo as my fun car. I have not given up my hopes to make my career change though, and I expect to have another decision to make sometime within the next year. If and when that time comes, instead of consolidating into one vehicle, I think what I'd rather do is keep my dream car, and just get rid of the Tundra. I did contemplate selling the 911 and getting something like a cheap Cayman for a little track weapon, and then maybe keeping the truck or getting a used Cayenne for a daily, but I'm not committed to that. The 997.1 Turbos are not projected to depreciate much further, and with a little luck maybe they even start appreciating, so I see it as a good opportunity to hold on to a car I really enjoy AND potentially have a future classic. I'll make the sacrifice on the other end and drive a less stellar daily driver. So the Cayenne is kind of off the table.

But again, I do enjoy the fact that this has turned into a pretty sweet photo thread!
Old 01-27-2017, 04:23 AM
porkandbeans
Intermediate

@ vbb and curtsr,
Thanks for the nice comments! Here's some more shots for you...

Old 01-27-2017, 11:39 AM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

Looks like I need to take more pictures of my two P-cars together. Well technically we have three since my son has a Power Wheels GT3.

Quick Reply: Any Cayenne owners former or current 911 owners?