2006 cs minnor issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 10:54 AM
turbosporsche
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 cs minnor issues

So I have a few issues on my 06 cs.

First when I turn the car off and pull the key there is something that makes like 4 clicks. I think it's the ignition lock. Everything works fine. What should I test to see what it is.

Second I just replaced all pads and rotors with Zimmermans and oem pads. Now I noticed I get a steering wheel shake with light pedal pressure. When I go to a firm pressure it goes away. I'm assuming it's not warped rotors but warn out control arm bushings or tie rod ends.

Also I added a factor hitch to the car went on like a breeze. Didn't get it programmed at the dealer as I feel there was no need. The cars self leveling air ride works. If you have alarm on and unplug trailer alarm goes off. And it shifts very nicely. Always in proper gear. Does the dealer do something else.

Thanks
Old 08-10-2015, 02:52 PM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Does your power steering adjustment work fine? There is a button that turns on a feature that moves the steering column into the dash to help large folks get out of the car. Try pushing that button to see if anything changes.

Did you bed your pads? Control arms should have given you a shake before you changed the pads. Light pressure on the brakes with a shake, followed by more pressure and the shake goes away - sounds like uneven pad deposits on the rotor. I would re-bed them if you didn't already do so.

Not sure on the hitch, but if you unplug the power cable and the alarm goes off, then it's working correctly. Pretty sure it's plug and play without any coding from the dealer.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:38 PM
turbosporsche
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkledpants
Does your power steering adjustment work fine? There is a button that turns on a feature that moves the steering column into the dash to help large folks get out of the car. Try pushing that button to see if anything changes.

Did you bed your pads? Control arms should have given you a shake before you changed the pads. Light pressure on the brakes with a shake, followed by more pressure and the shake goes away - sounds like uneven pad deposits on the rotor. I would re-bed them if you didn't already do so.

Not sure on the hitch, but if you unplug the power cable and the alarm goes off, then it's working correctly. Pretty sure it's plug and play without any coding from the dealer.
The steering wheel button works correctly. Up down in out when key is removed. It seems to be more of a ignition switch steering wheel lock clicking.

I'll rebed the pads.

Everyone on here posted the car needs to see the dealer for coding . Maybe it's just on an early 04-05 model

Quick Reply: 2006 cs minnor issues