Cayenne Trunk Liner Options - Porsche vs WeatherTech

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 01:47 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cayenne Trunk Liner Options - Porsche vs WeatherTech

Hi guys,

With the help of everyone here, my wife and I just picked up a CPO 2012 Blue/Beige Cayenne. Great car so far! The Luxor Beige looks great...but I was never a big far of beige interiors from a practicality standpoint. I'm not sure what the German engineers were thinking but a beige carpeted trunk? Really??

Anyway, i'm trying to decide between the various trunk liner options.

Which one do you prefer?
  1. Porsche Reversible Liner (I only like it b/c it has a liner that folds out to protect the bumper) - $160
  2. Porsche Luggage Liner (I heard it's cheap-ish plastic?) - $118
  3. WeatherTech - $130

[1]

[2]

[3]

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited by Arrwin; 07-10-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:57 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 132 Posts

I have the high-sided cargo liner from Porsche. About $250 IIRC. With a big Golden Retriever, nothing beats this for protection. I have to say, however, that it is incredibly slippery and hard. It is fine with a dog bed in back but needs a non-skid mat in it for carrying cargo or it will slide around mercilessly.

Cheers,
TomF
Old 07-10-2015, 02:20 PM
Tom M
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I went with the Porsche reversible liner because it leaves the tie down points exposed whereas the others have them covered. If you don't want a light colored mat you could always go to Espresso or Black as both would tend to tie into the existing color scheme.
Old 07-10-2015, 02:29 PM
DWPC
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I bought Weathertech mats for a Jeep and was disappointed in the value...I could have done almost as well at Autozone for a third the price and lost a little in fit. BTW, color suitability depends on where you live. Here in AZ, our light colored/red dirt looks terrible on a dark mat or carpet. The beige mats hide dirt from the mutts much better than black or gray would.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:21 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TomF
I have the high-sided cargo liner from Porsche. About $250 IIRC. With a big Golden Retriever, nothing beats this for protection. I have to say, however, that it is incredibly slippery and hard. It is fine with a dog bed in back but needs a non-skid mat in it for carrying cargo or it will slide around mercilessly.

Cheers,
TomF
Thanks Tom! The biggest thing i'll probably be hauling on occasion would be my bike. Other than that, just the usual groceries and stuff, so probably need something with a small lip in case of water.

Originally Posted by Tom M
I went with the Porsche reversible liner because it leaves the tie down points exposed whereas the others have them covered. If you don't want a light colored mat you could always go to Espresso or Black as both would tend to tie into the existing color scheme.
Are the tie down points used for the luggage net only? Yup...I am planning on getting black.

Originally Posted by DWC in Sedona
Here in AZ, our light colored/red dirt looks terrible on a dark mat or carpet. The beige mats hide dirt from the mutts much better than black or gray would.
I never considered that!
Old 07-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Tom M
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Arrwin
Are the tie down points used for the luggage net only? Yup...I am planning on getting black.
I've got a foldable tote I picked up @ Costco that I keep in the back and use a bungee cord hooked to the tie downs to keep it from sliding around when in use.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:47 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

our last one had the beige interior, and it was just too much. we went with Lloyds mats in black for everything, with a nice plush carpet in the back area. They are holding up so well, we transferred them into our 15
Old 07-11-2015, 11:41 PM
Robotpedlr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the basic Porsche liner you have pictured above (option 2 on your list). It is definitely cheapish, much more so then the Range Rover Sport version I had with that vehicle.

I was disappointed that it didn't have holes where the loops are on the cargo floor for the cargo net clips. I had to cut them out.

It works fine as it is just a liner, but definitely a lower quality product in my opinion. Feels like a $50 ebay Chinese knockoff.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:09 AM
Sniffer
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the WeatherTech option and am very happy with it

You are correct that it covers up the tie down points but as it has all 4 edges turned up this should in theory contain any spillage that may happen when using it, cutting the tie down points out would only negate the containment aspect

Something to consider.......
Old 07-12-2015, 08:11 PM
tkrtape12
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Weather-tech

I have the WT I've used them on all my cars. I feel they hold pretty good amount of liquid.. Especially with out last winter.
Chgo

Pete

Originally Posted by Sniffer

You are correct that it covers up the tie down points but as it has all 4 edges turned up this should in theory contain any spillage that may happen when using it, cutting the tie down points out would only negate the containment aspect

Old 07-12-2015, 11:24 PM
Robotpedlr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sniffer

Agreed, but I don't really haul anything that would run the risk of spilling. I have the liner to keep the back clean when I am hauling my bike or other items from Home Depot (bags of potting soil, etc)
Old 07-13-2015, 12:09 AM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Robotpedlr
Agreed, but I don't really haul anything that would run the risk of spilling. I have the liner to keep the back clean when I am hauling my bike or other items from Home Depot (bags of potting soil, etc)
I just bought a 4x6 trailer from Lowe's for $499 so I don't have to haul stuff in the back
Old 07-14-2015, 10:17 AM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't have anything. Wet, muddy ski boots, wet alpine gear, weekly mountain biking gear - just gets thrown back there. No stains at all - it just vacuums right out.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:15 PM
Miamirice
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Weather tech.

Made in America and company owner races a 911.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:16 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,054 Likes on 668 Posts

I ended up going with a Combo of TWO cargo area covers.

The first layer is a $99 vinyl cover that I picked up on eBay.
The reason I like this one, is that it goes all the way up the back seats. So when I lay the back seats down, the back of my seats are protected (from my Hockey Sticks, KiteSurf boards, etc long stuff).
It ALSO has a flap that you can easily pull out, which covers over the bumper (loading & unloading paint protection).

eBay Cargo for Cayenne:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vehicle-Cust...3e97d7&vxp=mtr

Then I put a WeatherTech matt over top of the vinyl cargo cover. This gives me the water protection I need (especially when I get caught KiteBoarding in the rain, or dump my kite in the ocean & have to put it in the back soaking wet). The WeatherTech captures all that water perfectly & I just dump it out when I get home (along with all the sand!).

I also like that it has a Velcro (hook & loop) seam down along the bottom edge at the back base of the rear seats. So when your seats are in the upright position, it pulls the vinyl taut & is down in the crease under the back of the WeatherTech edge.
It also has a vertical split seam (also velcro'd) that allows you to separate the 60/40 seats up/down configurations.

=Steve

Quick Reply: Cayenne Trunk Liner Options - Porsche vs WeatherTech