Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne Trunk Liner Options - Porsche vs WeatherTech

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 11:57 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 51 Posts

I have the lloyds rubber mat. Love it. Nothing slides, it catches water too. Only problem was initially it had a strong rubber odor but has since subsided
Old 07-16-2015, 06:02 PM
ent
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Weathertech mats for the first two rows as well as the trunk. I've had Weathertech mats in multiple vehicles and find them to be a great value.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:44 PM
Rob VN
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mats

I went with Weather Tech for front and rear floor mats and Option 2 ( Porsche ) black mat for the rear area. For the rear seat I have a cloth cover to protect the seat from the dog.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:29 PM
KevinGross
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts

My only comment would be to get one that lets you use the cargo net. The net is ridiculously overpriced from Porsche, but I find it ridiculously useful!
Old 07-19-2015, 01:27 AM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
I ended up going with a Combo of TWO cargo area covers.

The first layer is a $99 vinyl cover that I picked up on eBay.
The reason I like this one, is that it goes all the way up the back seats. So when I lay the back seats down, the back of my seats are protected (from my Hockey Sticks, KiteSurf boards, etc long stuff).
It ALSO has a flap that you can easily pull out, which covers over the bumper (loading & unloading paint protection).

eBay Cargo for Cayenne:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vehicle-Cust...3e97d7&vxp=mtr

Then I put a WeatherTech matt over top of the vinyl cargo cover. This gives me the water protection I need (especially when I get caught KiteBoarding in the rain, or dump my kite in the ocean & have to put it in the back soaking wet). The WeatherTech captures all that water perfectly & I just dump it out when I get home (along with all the sand!).

I also like that it has a Velcro (hook & loop) seam down along the bottom edge at the back base of the rear seats. So when your seats are in the upright position, it pulls the vinyl taut & is down in the crease under the back of the WeatherTech edge.
It also has a vertical split seam (also velcro'd) that allows you to separate the 60/40 seats up/down configurations.

=Steve
thanks! I was thinking a cover like the ebay one is something someone should sell, but couldnt find one! loading race tires in the back messed up the vinyl on our last CD
Old 07-20-2015, 11:44 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,054 Likes on 668 Posts

You're welcome.

Sidenote: In the picture I posted above, the reason the fabric looks wrinkled, is because I pulled the portion (that was underneath the rubber Weathertech), up a bit, so I could show the two sides of the Velcro that are used when the seats are upright. I had to untie the sewn-in straps that come with the vinyl eBay cargo cover (which are perfectly placed I might add). I really like the fact that I do NOT need to untie any of those straps when moving the seats from up-to-down or back up again. Simply pull the seat triggers to release them, and the velcro pulls away from itself.

Normally, when the seats are down, like in my picture, the vinyl cargo cover is tighter (than shown).

For those who like to use the tie-down D-Rings for Cargo Nets on a daily basis, you would need to lift the corners of this eBay vinyl cargo cover to stand the d-rings upright (for connection to the net). That might not be perfect, but it would work (if you do NOT have the weathertech over top of it like I do).

=Steve
Old 07-21-2015, 10:39 AM
bkmk5
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have weather tech mats(front, back, trunk) I'm looking to get rid of since I sold my 2013 Cayenne. PM with an offer.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Trunk Liner Options - Porsche vs WeatherTech