Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The "New to me" '06 CTTS build thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 04:03 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 523 Likes on 351 Posts

Got the front windows tinted today. Matches quite well. Also checked out the Hanksville Secondary cat pipes since I live 10 minutes from his shop. Very well made and look nice, but I'm having a mental issue paying ~$500 for two relatively short pieces of pipe. Do they make a noticeable difference in power?

Also I want to add bluetooth for hands free calling/music. Mobridge or denison or just do a dynavin head unit? Where to buy that stuff?
Old 07-10-2015, 04:22 PM
marky522
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont really notice much power, i mainly like them for sound. I have installed older Mobridge stuff and it was glitchy but i havent used their newer stuff. Dension is Great when it works... I have had cars that it worked like an extension of the stock radio, then i have had cars i have spent countless days trying to get to work correctly. I think the biggest thing is having the newest software in the PCM, I have some update discs laying around (i think) if you need to update. and ill respond to your PM now as well, sorry.

Mark
Old 07-10-2015, 10:05 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

So I tried to program the Homelink (aka built in garage door opener) in the Cayenne today. No love! I was able to get the unit to reset, but when I tried to get it to recognize my opener, the light would only flash slowly, it never got the point where the light would flash quickly.

I've successfully programmed these in past cars with no issues, what am I doing wrong?
Old 07-14-2015, 12:00 AM
SeanPatrick31
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts

Did you figure this out? I had to aim my remote much closer to the windshield than closer to the three Homelink buttons. That did the trick for me. I have a 2005 CTT. Hope you get it working.

Originally Posted by docwyte
So I tried to program the Homelink (aka built in garage door opener) in the Cayenne today. No love! I was able to get the unit to reset, but when I tried to get it to recognize my opener, the light would only flash slowly, it never got the point where the light would flash quickly.

I've successfully programmed these in past cars with no issues, what am I doing wrong?
Old 07-14-2015, 08:18 AM
marky522
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You were outside the car pointing it at the front bumper correct? (I believe that's how it was done on the 9PA)

Mark
Old 07-14-2015, 11:52 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Nope, inside the car pointing it at the front part of the interior dome light, just like the manual says.

Brand new Liftmaster openers (I have 3 doors) and I put a new battery in the remote as searching here suggested that would help.

Still can't get the car to recognize the remote signal...
Old 07-14-2015, 01:23 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

If the dipped beam is intermittent now, it will likely come back in the fall when cooler weather causes materials to contract.

The Homelink in the Cayenne is a POS. Keep trying and it will program sooner or later.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:22 PM
jpru2001
Pro

Received 126 Likes on 93 Posts

Got the front windows tinted today. Matches quite well. Also checked out the Hanksville Secondary cat pipes since I live 10 minutes from his shop. Very well made and look nice, but I'm having a mental issue paying ~$500 for two relatively short pieces of pipe. Do they make a noticeable difference in power?

Also I want to add bluetooth for hands free calling/music. Mobridge or denison or just do a dynavin head unit? Where to buy that stuff?
see the 06 exhaust mod thread on the front page - alot of people have done this with success - I am doing it this weekend if the weather is right and golf doesn't take up all my free time.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:47 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Ok, the only way I can get the hatch glass to open is to hold down the button on the remote. Pushing the button underneath the rear wiper doesn't do anything.

So is this a bad microswitch? If so, anyone have the part # and a link to a DIY to swap it out?

I also seem to be missing the pet net. Anyone have a black one they want to get rid of?
Old 07-19-2015, 05:46 AM
69gaugeman
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Warning hasn't come on the last few days. Interesting. Guess I'll wait and see what happens....

Getting the front windows tinted to match the back ones tomorrow am.

I'm local to Hanksville and may pick up a set of their secondary cat pipe deletes tomorrow as well...
Originally Posted by mtnrat
Yea the warning will be intermittent. If you look at the bulbs one or both will be very foggy in the middle bumped out part of the bulb. I drove for about 2 months with the intermittent warning until I finally changed the bulb out. Non foggy bulbs put out much more light.
Also at night the light will 'flicker' a bit at startup. It takes a while to finally fail, but it will. Bulb replacement is cheap (if you don't go to the dealer for parts. I paid 35$ for two D1S bulbs) and easy.

Ok, the only way I can get the hatch glass to open is to hold down the button on the remote. Pushing the button underneath the rear wiper doesn't do anything.

So is this a bad microswitch? If so, anyone have the part # and a link to a DIY to swap it out?

I also seem to be missing the pet net. Anyone have a black one they want to get rid of?
The switch is integral with the whole mechanism, but it is not brutally expensive. But it won't open if you haven't pressed the unlock button on the door or set it to open all on key removal. At least I think that's one of the options on the MFD
Old 07-19-2015, 04:55 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

I tried the hatch switch again today, confirmed that the doors were unlocked and it still won't open. I can open the hatch no sweat, the hatch glass, not so much.

So anyone have a link to a DIY to replace it as well as the part #?
Old 07-19-2015, 06:48 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

I tried the hatch switch again today, confirmed that the doors were unlocked and it still won't open. I can open the hatch no sweat, the hatch glass, not so much.

So anyone have a link to a DIY to replace it as well as the part #?
Break the cover over the wiper spindle off (if you can figure a way to do it without breaking, let me know), undo the nut and pull the arm off. Under the arm is another nut, you have to remove that too. At this point, I cant remember if the switch will come off, but if it does you will still have to unplug it.

Open the glass hatch (oh wait you can't do that) and remove the plastic cover under the hatch, I think you can unplug the switch there.

If the switch won't come off, there are two nuts under the plastic cover to remove as well, and the spindle will come out.

Most likely the arm will be fused to the spindle, so you have to cut the arm off, and damage the spindle. The Switch is about $40, arm is about $40 and spindle is about $40.

The cover is a one time only install, and breaks on removal, in the past I have used clear silicon to glue it on, so it can be remove in the future. It can only be purchased with the switch, last I heard, so you can probably find a switch only as people buy them for covers they lost in the car wash.

These are parts for a 957, so if you search the PDF for porsche parts, you will find maybe what you are looking for.

95562804002 wiper arm
95562809005 wiper spindle

I opened my glass hatch 4x on the touareg I had for 10 years, and 1x on my 2005 Cayenne S, and 1 time on my Cayenne Turbo.

I question if it is worth it
Old 07-19-2015, 06:51 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Ok, found the hatch microswitch part number, it's
ES#: 2531000 ECS Tuning
Mfg#: 95562832103 Porsche

A whopping $31 from ECS Tuning.

I can open the hatch glass by holding down the trunk button on my remote, so access shouldn't be an issue. Hopefully I don't break two other parts trying to replace one...

Quick Reply: The "New to me" '06 CTTS build thread