Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowered with links

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 07:26 PM
jkarp
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny timing... I was just online looking for somewhere to order new stock links. I'm taking mine out too! The ride is too bumpy, even on comfort setting and middle ride height. I agree, the car feels unsafe at high speeds on the freeway.

I just wish the lowering modules weren't so damn expensive! If anyone is getting rid of a used one, let me know! ;-)

...Josh

Originally Posted by 155
Hey Josh i ended up going back to stock ride height. It took me a few weeks of daily driving to figure this out. The truck felt dangerous at higher speed and it would give the hoopty lowered truck shudder over bumps. It was more bearable in comfort and normal modes but ultimately it felt like a step backwards.

For anyone considering lowering I would advise not!
Old 07-25-2015, 10:24 PM
Sniffer
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 155
Hey Josh i ended up going back to stock ride height. It took me a few weeks of daily driving to figure this out. The truck felt dangerous at higher speed and it would give the hoopty lowered truck shudder over bumps. It was more bearable in comfort and normal modes but ultimately it felt like a step backwards.

For anyone considering lowering I would advise not!
What about the Durametric route?

I read somewhere that lowering this way only made the North American spec Cayenne the same as stock Euro Cayennes (dunno why it would be different but apparently it is)
Old 07-26-2015, 01:53 AM
Paqueras
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Name:  image.jpg1_zps2pwzlhqg.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  70.2 KB
Lowered with lowering links about 3 inches.
Settings: Chassis normal and suspension Sport
The ride get bumpy when i use the suspension on comfort.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:41 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

The PO installed the links on my GTS. I found out the stock links are not for sale individually. Only as part of the ride height sensor assembly.

I kept the lowering links and screwed them together to get the overall shortest length and reinstalled. The ride height is slightly lower than stock but it looks good and rides perfectly.

Quick Reply: Lowered with links